Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

I have been playing ukulele for a few years now, and that is a ton of fun, but I figured last week it was time to try something new.

I can't wait to get this thing home and tuned :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

Okay, time for me to assault your ears.

+ =

I got the tab and chords for this from Bing Futch's website, and just kinda made up the uke part as I went along.

I'm so very excited about learning all these cool easy instruments. This is the best thread ever.

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

Nuggan posted:

So far, I've loved my violin and the NAF that I bought. I'm curious as to how everyone else that bought instruments because of this thread are doing with them.
I've bought so many instruments because of this thread. After a few years of musical experimentation, I have two tenor ukes, a soprano and a UBass, a 5-string bass guitar, a violin, a tinwhistle (Here's my horrible attempt at playing along with a fast track from Flook after about a week of tinwhistle ownership; forgive the facebook message sounds), two harmonicas (in C and Bb) and I borrowed a real transverse flute from my mom that she wasn't using anymore.

So far I really am enjoying learning flute. As a trumpet player since the fourth grade, I found the flute strangely similar to trumpet--I guess that's because it's also a wind instrument. I've been getting books from Music Minus One, which is a fantastic resource for anyone in this thread. They're like $15 or so and they include a CD with the piano or orchestra backing to very common contest solo pieces. Here's an embarrassing video of me playing along with the Hindemith track. Sorry about the terrible angle but I filmed the video from my MBP which was chillin on my bed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R89cRFWdtAw

I've been taking violin lessons every week, too. I tried to learn it myself but I became a little scared of developing terrible habits. I've been really enjoying my lessons though. I have to say, violin is probably the hardest instrument I've ever attempted to learn, and I have attempted to learn a lot of instruments. I guess since I'm sharing all this stuff with you guys I might as well post the other video I took. Excuse the lack of vibrato--I haven't gotten to that yet in my lessons. But this song has SHIFTING in it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0l2nV7mBBQ

oh god that's horrible

• Locked thread