Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacerta
Oct 17, 2005

Baby, tonight the world belongs to you and I.
I think I might have to buy a cardboard mountain dulcimer.

And I found a place that has them cheaper than in the OP. Here. Clicky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacerta
Oct 17, 2005

Ordered myself a mountain dulcimer. :buddy:

Gonna spraypaint it electric, eye-bleeding lime green and black. It shall assault many senses, not merely the ears.

Lacerta
Oct 17, 2005

Well, holy gently caress. My dulcimer arrived in the mail and I spent some time assembling it. It sounds great and it's a helluva lot of fun to play. :3: Great thread, thank you for starting it.

Lacerta
Oct 17, 2005

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

So was it a cardboard dulcimer, or a wooden kit, or just in pieces and needed fixing?

Not to zero in on one thing off your huge list, but what make of panpipes have you?

I got a cardboard dulcimer. The sound that comes out is rad as hell. People who've seen me play it thought it was wooden.

I assembled it, then primed it. Waited for it to dry, then painted it in latex paint. Waited for that to dry, sanded it down, another layer of paint. Waited for that to dry, another quick sand and another layer of paint. Once that dried, I decorated it with spray paint. Let THAT dry, glue/clamp the fretboard to the body and holy poo, this cheap-rear end cardboard dulcimer sounds like hot poo poo on a griddle.

:3: Even noodling around with no song in mind is fun and sounds good. I totally recommend the cardboard dulcimer from that MusicMaker's site. Good value.

• Locked thread