Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

ceebee posted:

If it's worth anything you can easily be homeless in California because everything is expensive and there's too many people here.

You'll wish you could afford shorts or a motorcycle.

Living in Irvine.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Well its that wonderful time of the year. My contract is over in less than two weeks. Ah it was a good ride at Namco. Least I won't have to see dark souls 2 for some time.

Dang that really sucks, sorry to hear that.

Where are you located? If Namco is where I think it is you are close to Orange county? If you're looking for QA opportunities and aren't worried about moving further south send me a PM, we have listings for non-contract QA positions at the moment.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

Hey people!

So good news. Currently I have a whole lot more free time on my hands, which means I can now partake in game development. That being the case, anyone have any leads on any companies needing QA work in the L.A. area?

Not sure if Irvine is too far away to consider, but we have several QA openings including a senior spot in battle.net. (I'm a senior test analyst embedded in a battle.net engineering team)

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/quality-assurance/all/irvine/all/1

fargom fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 7, 2017

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

Anyone got any suggestions for working with game industry recruiters? Or recommendations for specific recruiters to work with?

Just learned that my company is "making a pivot", which will likely involve layoffs and this seems like a good time for me to jump ship. I'm a lead producer/project manager in mobile.

I know a place........ As long as you admit that a Wookie can't be a Jedi. :colbert: