Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Yeah, the story and characters are dry. There needs to be a little more id. Maybe I just like demented people. But the characters of seem to be of the same vein but muted outside of combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I thought Nihei's appeal was his art. Its detailed beyond all measure.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The 3D system makes sense for no other reason than it allows the defenders to scale their own walls. If you imagine the giants as walls, it allows them to melee attack something taller than themselves. The real thing that doesn't add up to me is why they have to cut the neck. If they blow the head off, it regenerates. Well aim lower. Seems obvious. Hopefully, the writer has more to explain.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Zorak posted:

Because the area is in the center of the lower neck, ie, from a lot angles that'd mean going through the chest cavity. Which is apparently fairly armored. I don't think they get many chances to hit them from behind.

Also believe it or not, aiming a cannon is hard. Arms like that ultimately come down to luck whether it hits the target. I assume they do get lucky with them now and then, but perhaps not enough!
Yeah. I figure if I was a giant and I knew I could regenerate, then I'd lower my chin. That way the force of the shot would be distributed along my skull and maybe spare my neck or take off the neck and head in one piece (allowing the lower body to be regenerated). Its like when a street fighter take a blow on the top of his head because of the thickness of the skull.

Which all of this is a totally unneccesary explanation. Yes, aiming is hard. So is using a propane grapple hook scalpel attack. Whatever, every manga needs a gimmick. If the people from AotG were Americans, they drat well better be able to shoot the neck of giants.