Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Illuyankas posted:

I'm looking forward to finding out how the sixty metre tall titan can move so fast and so quietly, that it can appear and disappear next to a heavily guarded wall without anyone noticing.
Yes, how could such a large creature appear and disappear so quickly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

TheAtomicMan posted:

if all the giants have people in them, why are female giants so rare? and why would there be nearly human sized giants?
Golems are sexless..?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This story reminds me of Bokurano, except I hated that and don't mind this for whatever reason.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Feriowind posted:

Well, here's some fanart that I drew since Titan Eren is loving amazing!
Heh you did a good job, thought that was official art before I read your post.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I really like Potato Girl. She's the spacey oddball, the Osaka of the group. :3:
Yea, she had some really great scenes.

"I thought it was just what I needed! I didn't think this through!!"
"Uh? God?"

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sledeau posted:

I'm having a hard time recognizing characters after not reading this for a while, the character designs really aren't too memorable.
Neither are their deaths, really.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Schubalts posted:

I thought she had taken off Gunther's head at first, then I looked closer and thought she only hit his shoulder and went "Help Gunther!". Then you see that she severed his spinal cord and there's just a bit of flesh holding his head on. :(
"My specialty... involves flesh... and the lacerating thereof."

By the way, where did this woman go?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sledeau posted:

Also, solar power? :tinfoil: Where did that come from?
I think from an earlier chapter, where it said that titans enter torpor during the night

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sindai posted:

It also explains why they don't eat anything but humans and don't actually digest the humans they eat. :science:
Eh? How's that?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

Also this manga is amazing. It does so many things right that so much fiction just gets wrong (like actually knowing what your plot twists are going to be before you write them and having characters be able to come to the same conclusions the readers will).
Have to wonder how much foreshadowing is hidden in earlier chapters. These things take so long to come out I had forgotten they were originally heading for Shiganshina.

E: This too. http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/18/15

Jackard fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 12, 2012

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Elysiume posted:

What does that even mean?
Fart joke?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Shugojin posted:

At this point I'm surprised the soldiers don't all wear high-explosive deadman switches. They probably stand a good chance of taking out the neck when eaten.
My god, you're right.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Vincent Valentine posted:

Actually that's a really good point. Sasquatch said that they all have something in the nape of their necks. That guy might have something, but he's not that much larger than your average person(by Titan standards), so he's definitely not piloted. What would he have in his nape?
http://i.imgur.com/eHG9q.jpg

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

AnonSphere, those are great observations.
This is the best mecha/pilot series.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sindai posted:

We don't know for sure that the people in the walls are "all of humanity." In fact it seems pretty unlikely.
What if the people in the walls were all of humanity? :v: :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The only ones with plot armor are most likely Erin and his "sister"
Probably Erin yea, but not sure about Mikasa. Even if she's a Japanese insert, could still kill her off just to gently caress with Erin some more.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Hey, why's Mikasa on everyone's death list rather than Eren? He's the guy with the crazy-dangerous, unpredictable superpower that's ideal for sacrificing himself to save the world with.
He can't die until the basement and/or dad shows up.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Daler Mehndi posted:

Not so much to the peanut gallery that suddenly decide they're experts and start spewing on various forums how it's filled with "plot holes" and how nothing makes sense, or that the writer is making up things as he goes.
Hope the author is working closely with this so we see the same kind of foreshadowing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Pierson posted:

The 3d gear looks and sounds incredible. Spot Rivaille spinning like a dervish through that forest, and the pneumatic pumping noises Eren makes when he's just boosting it through the city. It would be amazing if they could give the main characters their own style of maneuvering.
Eren, no!! You're using too much gas!

:v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I loving hate you. Everytime someone posts a past link in this thread I end up dumping 2 hours of my day rereading.
Here's another. Not sure if this was already pointed out, look who suddenly realizes what's going on:

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/10/82

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Gerger and Nanaba. Those poor guys.
I think the latter was a woman? It's hard to tell really.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Eiba posted:

Crazy theory for the sake of a crazy theory: Ymir is actually a Titan who transformed into a human, rather than the other way around. Ymir is a common Titan name.
This is what I gathered from the latest flashback with those two discussing origins, anyways.

Eiba posted:

If we're going to get a "filler ending" there's an obvious and kind of awesome potential for a very thematically appropriate one: Humanity loses.
Alternatively they could go the route of I am Legend (the book) The monstrous "survivors" of humanity form a new civilization

Jackard fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 10, 2012

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

E: quote is not edit

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Titans are a limiter placed on the Spiral race in order to avoid detection from elder things beyond the stars.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I think it would be really cool for the Scouting Legion come across an independent group of survivors like that, but wasn't there something about titans being able to detect the presence of humans?

If that's the case, couldn't Sasquatch wipe any group like this out?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Thoren posted:

Oh poo poo. That reminds me of the zombie horror manga "I am a hero." It's revealed that (minor spoilers) All of the zombies are people put in these bizarre states of hallucination/dreams where their actions in the dreams cause them to act zombie-like.
When does it reveal this? I read up to him meeting the girl in the forest before tiring of it,, all I remember is that they mindlessly parrot behaviors from their former lives

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Thoren posted:

Pretty much what Ghost of Babyhead said. Those 'zombies' are probably some of the most interesting zombies ever thought up.
Didn't read the rest of the comic but the ones from this chapter of Franken Fran seemed decent: http://www.mangapark.com/manga/franken-fran/c47/

the infected are still alive, but are being murdered by the frightened/bloodthirsty survivors

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Soulcleaver posted:

I'm getting one of these and pretending it's Alita.
Just take a SharpieŽ to the cheeks, and there you go

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Will the show be made available anywhere online? Like Hulu or something?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This civilization needs to take some tips from the one in Break Blade.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm still not convinced that there's a full on human inside each titan. I'm leaning more towards, titans being man made with the intention to be pilotable. The neck could be more like a control center that runs on auto, if it's not getting a signal from something else.
The old theory was that they were created with the intent of being operated by humans but the simple urge for pilot-less titans to 'put people inside them' spiraled out of control

obviously more is going on but that is the gist of it

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

From the anime thread

Runefaust posted:

I've been hankering for a good series to delve into for a long time, and although I'm normally a fan of mecha anime (last series I really got into was Gurren Lagann and Gundam00, and Fate/Zero oddly enough), this already has my undivided attention. I normally don't give anime more than 2 episodes to get me hooked after some other bad experiences, which has worked out pretty well for me, and after one episode this definitely has that special something to it - probably somewhere between the awesome 3D gear or whatever it's called and the sheer terror as helpless victims get bitten in half by gigantic humanoid titans.
Little does he know.... :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

We don't actually get to see the transformation until after we find out Eren is the titan after seeing him get eaten and his arm and leg bitten off in the manga, looking forward to the anime reactions to losing our protagonist so early on. :3:
Oh man this is gonna be great :allears:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

McDragon posted:

Ahaha, that last page. :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9VWofx5XG8

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just report the ones that lack restraint

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Those look pretty weird without the harness.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

The scene in question:
Chapter 6, page 27
Chapter 6, page 28

MIkasa specifically crushed the knife with her own strength. The floorboard has its own panel, and it shows that it didn't collapse into the floor; rather, her foot hit it so hard that it broke.
Whoa yeah that's not subtle for an artist that likes adding visual clues.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

Darth Walrus probably isn't American. This is probably what they mean.
Probably, but later in the chapter there are a lot of close-ups showing the scar on her right cheek. I don't remember when she picked it up.

Plutonis posted:

EDIT: Colossal Titan is the principal! And the reason Eren hates Titans is because Colossal stole and ate his lunchbox!
He also gets things like erasers dropped on his head.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 22, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I like the foreshadowing they added in the latest episode.

Although a few (minor) scenes they altered no longer made sense and I had to explain what the hell just happened -
  • Eren not making up with Jean, then Jean going "My trust in others"
  • Why Mikasa was upset at the look Eren gave her
at least the potato came out alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

That gesture they made kind of looked like the SNK equivalent of a high-five. A sort of 'all is forgiven but I've got stuff to do' thing.
Well either way, between that and Jean's line being shortened, it didn't come across as well as in the manga.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 22, 2013