Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sledeau posted:

Just looking back, I think my favorite moment in the manga so far was when Reiner begins explaining begins explaining he's the armored titan. It just seems to be happening in the background initially, and I think I re-read the page several times out of confusion to make sure I was reading it right. I hope the anime pulls it off so nonchalantly, too.

Spoiler tagging in case an anime viewer clicked on the manga thread by accident.
The camera focuses on Reiner in episode three when the kids ask Eren if he saw the Armored titan. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

Knowing who are titans, it's pretty clear in that episode that somethings up with them given the focus on them in the background, and I feel dumb for not seeing them coming a mile off.
Kinda get the feeling they won't leave well enough alone, either overemphasizing clues or going overboard with the flashbacks.

I can't recall a subtle anime.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 28, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I mean later on, havent seen the fourth episode yet. I'm half expecting them to add extra flashbacks going HAHA REMEMBER THIS

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Dan7el posted:

I can't wait for the Eren gets chomped and swallowed bit to play out on-screen. People are going to freak out. I did when I read the manga. "Did that titan just chop off Eren's arm swallow him? Wait, let me go back and read that page again!"

In the anime thread, Rexides posted:

I am perfectly ok with the anime never explaining anything about the titans, and just have them be this incomprehensible force of nature that humanity could never hope to understand, just watch in horror while it devours themEREN CURBSTOMPS EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS :black101:
Yes. Yessss...

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

90% of them die because until the wall went down their entire purpose was to die. The scouting legion was their society's method for dealing with malcontents.
Also because they seem to send all the expert killers further inland.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Cuchulain posted:

Also, in the following pages where everyone makes the choice to join the scouts, Reiner is stone face, but Bertholt is looking away from the commander, likely at Reiner, completely confused. Reiner probably made the choice to go after the basement right then and there, forcing them both into the suicide squad.
I like how he stares at Annie walking away to join the MP. So upset!

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/18/30

Jackard fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 4, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

In the anime thread darkgray posted:

What in the gently caress? Episode 5 is such a what the gently caress episode. What the holy making GBS threads gently caress? I'll just go wrap myself in a nice, soft cocoon until ep 6, if you don't mind.
It begins.

:q:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

A smarter Shinji? I dunno.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Stratafyre posted:

Has anyone wondered about the fate of the other protuberance towns on Wall Maria? Without the concentrated efforts of the human-titans, there'd be little reason to think they'd fall to your typical-types. Could they be cut off from contact, but still intact?
There was some speculation earlier whether the scouts would reestablish contact with one of these towns. But it takes a lot of land to sustain a city so I kind of doubt they'd still be around.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

They don't even need to do that, really. They rigged up a pulley system to get Ymir's body up to the top of the wall - what's stopping them from taking up 120-ish pounds of supplies at a time with it? I guess carrying all the supplies when they're up there could prove challenging, though. gently caress it, just strap the 3d gear to the supplies and use that to drag them along.
String up ziplines between city towers and the walls for fast transportation of scouts and gear.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Please refer Eren to this handy guideline of where not to hold your arm.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

EDIT: In other news, /a/ has a rough translation of 45 out and up on mediafire. So, uh, what's the etiquette for this? Do I post the link or what?
How rough a translation are we talking here? Claymore-level gibberish or reasonably adequate?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

minimalist posted:

I dunno, this is a fairly impressive feat for someone of Eren's size and build, to be able to huck someone who weighs nearly as much such a distance, one-handed, while keeping a titan's mouth pried open. Maybe, like the titan transformation, he just needs the right focus.
Again, best time for a monologue: inside a loving mouth

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Eiba posted:

Yeah really, once we found out the walls themselves were made of rare super hard titan gunk, I was pretty sure the secret ingredient in ultra-hardened steel was like powdered titan gunk or whatever. It's pretty much a given at this point.
It's the claymores from Claymore all over again.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

He is the Primal Titan

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

To be honest I expected a taller Reiner

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

RatHat posted:

One thing that never made sense about the 3D gear is the grappling hooks. How are they propelled fast enough to pierce into concrete(or whatever materials the castles/buildings are made of) and even the super-hardened walls? And if they're in there well enough that they can support a human, how do they get them out afterwards?
Yea how come buildings aren't covered in hundreds of little divots? Why don't they have more towers? Where are the gliders???

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

RatHat posted:

Or hot-air balloons for that matter if they have access to pressurized gas.
Just watch; we finally reach the capitol, then BAM! It was Nazis all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWynPcFRzWU&t=942s

Jackard fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 19, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Feriowind posted:

And whoop drew some more Titan Eren 'cause he's really fun to draw!

Cover his jaw with a mask and it's Raziel from Legacy of Kain :allears:

Also, I need to find a youtube compilation of all the Titan-TRex roars

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Feriowind posted:

I have been on a total Eren Titan drawing kick lately, his design is just so fun to draw (though maybe I just like drawing skinless people and some gore haha)! Hope you all don't mind some more art posts...
You said this was digital art? How did you make your brushes look so scratchy like a pencil?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

One my favourite things about the Eren-Titan, and thus human-Titan in general, reveal is it changes the nature of the conflict entirely. Rather than a man vs nature conflict, it's really more of a man vs man conflict. I wouldn't be surprised if the titans, and intelligent titans like Ymir and the Sasquatch Titan turn out to be from another human nation, for example.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Given Reiner and Berty were from the same village and are both titans, it's entirely possible. Isn't the area of the outer most walls supposed to be about the size of France? Forget where I read that. But if the planet as a whole is the same size as ours, that leaves a ton of space for other nations.
"We created demons to fight the dragons" :v:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

hackbunny posted:

This is some Amigara Fault poo poo here: the transfiguration, the predestination, the ancestral memories, people entombed in a rock wall.
Ugh. Ugggggghhh

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I have a feeling that the reason Reiner/Berthold attacked the wall(s) is going to be something pretty legitimate/convincing. Reiner's confusion even after living with (and having a real emotional connection with; we're shown his actual thoughts on multiple occasions) the people inside the wall makes me think that his (and Berthold/Annie's*) reason for attacking is something important. If he was just evil, he probably wouldn't have felt that way.
This sounds more likely than referring to him joining the scouts; a "soldier" in that Reiner was just following whatever plan the human-titans had but no longer believing in it

Jackard fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 27, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Bremen posted:

It's only when someone posts saying "Hey, that's a spoiler!" that it gets ugly. So, uh, please don't do that.
This. Stop calling attention to speculation, morons.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

This thread's reminded me that I still haven't watched Cromartie High School. Is it as awesome and bizarre as it looks?
Thread got me started on it too, it's really well done.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Don't forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrI7QUJfkvI

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Christa is the next goalpost if we don't get any answers in the upcoming chapter.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just rename this thread back to Shingeki no Kyojin and keep Attack on Titan for the anime thread.

why was this one changed in the first place, none of the translators or mangareaders call it Attack on Titan

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 3, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Needs an OP that locks the anime thread whenever spoilers are posted like they do for Game of Thrones

e: people learned nothing from the last time this happened. do not confirm spoilers, assholes

Mr. Fowl posted:

My first reaction was that it must be a joke, given how people praise the manga for being "realistic", having a great story, and such. But everyone seems to be reacting like it is...

Jackard fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 3, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I missed all the drama. What were they posting in the anime thread?
Some dumbass posted about Bert and Ernie reminding him of psilons [sic] in BSG.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize the drill instructor was the former scouting corps commander. Where/when was it revealed?
Yea I totally missed the connection in the anime as well. Maybe when this gets an English dub the voice actor will be distinctive enough to notice.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

The translation that's in stores calls it Attack on Titan.
Attack on Viewers

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

No reply to this yet?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mio Bison posted:

The degree of crazy makes me wonder--has Reiner "only" developed a real psychological issue that's causing his warrior/soldier identities to split, or could that be a long-term side effect of the titan juice? I think we can be pretty sure that they couldn't transform when they were extremely young and Ymir killed their buddy, it's not too much of a leap from that to the same process Eren went through.
We know the injections cause memory loss. If that is the origin of their titan power it may have played a role.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

tayvaan posted:

I think the more interesting question is why kidnapping Eren means they can end their onslaught. Which comes back to the other question of why they attacked in the first place.
They are after Monkey for some reason, who can create titans. Eren was obviously not made by Monkey. Could be related...?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

What's going on with Connie there? Is he a potato maniac too?
The Sergeant picked Connie up by the head and screamed at him for saluting on the wrong side, Connie starts vomiting when he is dropped.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It's a gut feeling

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

People gettin' mad about the anime up in that thread, and thinkin' that the final shot of Eren-Titan punching Mikasa was a BAD THING. :allears:
Everything is over. Eren was eaten. I hate Armin! Mikasa is dead and/or a jerk. I'm done with this!! :rant:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 16, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Come to think of it, there really should be dedicated pack mules for the "one-person army" soldiers like Mikasa and Rivaille / Levi. Aircraft carriers and other capital ships have entire convoys of ships doing nothing but carrying supplies for the capital ships; why shouldn't the Recon Corps apply the same principal?
Or even carrying a few extra canisters on their back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

cisneros posted:

A dog that carries a canister of gas on its neck.
Strap explosives on the soldiers so they can blow up when captured.