Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
We've just seen it from the point of view of someone inside a giant and he's in a dream-like state, which implies that the other giants have people in and they're also in a dream-like state which is why the giants are serene like that.

I disagree that other giants having people in diminishes the specialness of the Titan and Eren because what is special about them is their level of control, not the fact that they are people in giants. That Eren is in the exact weak spot of the giant and at the moment seems to be pretty deeply fused/absorbed (due to the mentioned weakness/drained state he is in) implies that all giants have someone in that spot that has been completely fused/absorbed (which stops what little subconscious control they had, just look at the difference in Eren's state in the first giant and the second and the difference between the first giant using his hand to hand combat training and the second just lashing out wildly) and killing them stops them from holding the giant together, see them disappearing shortly after being killed, Eren's construct dissolving and the Titan evaporating into thin air.

The other option is that he is just in the giant's special alien brain section because that's how it works and he acts as the brain or whatever and the same thing with the Titan, but that seems a little easy and nowhere near as intriguing as every giant having a person inside that they've absorbed at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
But...he didn't become the titan that ate him? And considering the huge numbers of giants that are eating people you'd think there would be more than the three or four known intelligent titans if that was the case?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
There might also be giants that fly or have fifty eyes. Based on what we've seen so far the eating people to become intelligent thing doesn't make sense. The huge titan did the Eren disappearing act and that is pointing to other people that are like Eren and can summon a giant body and control it rather than they eat people and then that person explodes out of them (killing them) as an intelligent titan that can then stop being a titan and be a regular person. As a goal it doesn't make sense. Eating someone as a catalyst to set off whatever thing makes them be able to turn into giant works for multiple reasons, but as the goal you are working toward it doesn't really work.

I mean, it's possible because the author has shown very little about anything at all, but it just..no.