Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ANIME AKBAR posted:

If the group scanlating the tanks the same group that has done the releases so far? Or are they the group that just released 14?

Different group. The first guys actually have readable releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I really like Potato Girl. She's the spacey oddball, the Osaka of the group. :3:

I like this page. She just looks so content.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The corpse disposal is still ongoing, and Sasha, Conny, Berthold, Annie, and Reiner were present at the pyres, when Jean decided to join the Scouts.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's pretty creepy that she has a kind look on her face (put normal skin over her face here) when she's just been brutalizing everybody.

I don't think there are any other blonde scouts, that we've been introduced to, that she could be.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zaark posted:

Oh she died didn't she? No idea why I didn't remember that. I just seem to remember someone mentioning Eren's father doing experiments on someone other than Eren,

Yes, she was eaten. And that theory was about Mikasa.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Also, if I understood correctly (chapter 23, p 16), Eren was supposed to be on the right flank , where she attacked, but was actually in another position, so the commander suspects someone from the inside is acting against then.

Yes, the commander gave everybody false information about Eren's position. Only Ravaille's squad, Jean, Ryner, and Armin know where Eren is. And Armin only knows because he figured out that part of the commander's plan.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Also, I think it was Eren's father that vanished mysteriously. And then suddenly a big ol' titan appears? Hmm!

Eren's father vanished some time after the attack. He gave Eren the key after Shinganshina was invaded by titans, when they were living in the current town. That was when he told Eren that he would find all of the answers in their old basement. Then he disappeared.

Remember that Eren's father was going to show Eren what was in the basement after he got back from his trip up the river, the day the huge titan showed up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder where the Titans even go at night, though? Do they just sort of lie down and go into "hibernate"? Do they stop moving and stand still, like solar-powered robots? Do they return to the forest? They've never even been shown attacking at night, have they?

They do go lie down. One was lying down next to a house when a Scout squad woke it up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

They aren't being lured into the forest because of sunlight, they are being lured in so that the Scouts can actually use their 3D gear to the best effect. Giant trees are better for Spidermaning than using the titans themselves.

But that's only if Rivaille is right, as nobody is being told anything except to follow orders.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kusaru posted:

They're not actually shorts! They are wearing white pants and that black thing I'm not sure what purpose it serves, but it attaches to the belt.

To me the weirdest thing is that they're 15, but I guess that goes hand in hand with the demographic.

The black straps are so they can shift their body weight to maneuver with the three-dimensional gear.

Erin's group is mostly young, because they signed up young for various reasons (joining the police or stationary troops to support their families, mostly). If someone displays amazing ability at such a young age, like Mikasa or Armin, they (the government) would be fools to turn them down, especially since one of the walls was breached a few years before. The government needs all the good soldiers it can get.

Erin's friends are all a bit loony, too, seeing as they joined the scouts. Every other recruit joined the police or the stationary troops.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I thought she had taken off Gunther's head at first, then I looked closer and thought she only hit his shoulder and went "Help Gunther!". Then you see that she severed his spinal cord and there's just a bit of flesh holding his head on. :(

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Apart from the two main characters, I remember Rivaille because it sounds like "rival" and because he's such a hardass and looks like he doesn't have a single joy in life.

He really enjoys cleaning.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Eren is already one of the best trainees at hand-to-hand fighting, it's just that Annie was the best at it and has a lot more experience with a Titan body.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

TTBF posted:

I'm confused - is Wall Rose the one that's already been breached, or did the 2nd wall get breached off screen? That sort of doesn't make sense, since the event happened two days before the Annie incident, and you'd think someone would have heard about it by then.

Remember, they don't have telephones or radios or anything like that. They have to use physical messengers. If everyone at Wall Rose really is dead, then there'd be no way of knowing without sending someone there directly, Rose not sending representatives to meetings, or seeing a horde of titans coming from its direction. And with that many titans coming from Rose's direction, it's unlikely that anybody would make it from Rose to the central district with the news.

The walls are also unknown miles apart, and horses are the fastest method of travel. The guy that barged into the meeting was the guy sent from the little outpost, riding the fastest horse they had, and it still took him two days to get back to the central district.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

The weird part is that the deviant talked about the thing in the neck, which up until now had been humans, and then expressed ignorance about whether humans can speak. This implies to me that the deviant might be a titan with a not-human in the neck. If that means all other titans also have something in the neck that might not be a human, then that could explain why they all look like caricatures. Their driving entities don't quite know how humans are meant to look like.

Now that you mention it, the only Titans with normally proportioned bodies have been the armored guy, Annie, and Erin, right? The others have all had something off about them, like longer torsos, larger heads, or shorter legs.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Taunting in the way a matador taunts a bull. "I'm right here, come get me if you think you can!", but instead of dodging he lets himself get gored.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pierson posted:

Sasha added to the long list of people that loving Own.

Sasha has always been on that list.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Why do our predictions have to be right about the worst things? And now we have even more evidence against Ymir! And Connie is going to go insane if he finds out the truth. :smith:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Desperate Character posted:

Next month can't come soon enough!

I wonder where the hairy Titan is heading to?

It looked like it was going back over the wall to the outer area. The castle was about that size perspective-wise from the wall everyone thought was breached, and the next inner wall is hours away.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

How did you not see that she was a girl before this? :psyduck:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

It's strange, though, because judging from their clothes in the flashback it looks like titan-Ymir eating their friend happened before they joined the military or whatever Titan-ops organization they may or may not be a part of along with Annie.

That's because the flashback is from years before any of them joined the military. Bertholdt and Reiner are from a village that was attacked by titans after the giant titan broke the wall, like Eren and Mikasa. The flashback is them fleeing with friends.

e: Wait, there's a live action film planned for 2013?

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 9, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yea, Eren is one of the top (I think it was only Annie and Mikasa above him) trainees when it comes to actual hand-to-hand fighting. He's the Vegeta to their Goku.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Did those guys not notice the guy who gets turned into paste in the trailer? Or the people getting grabbed and about to be eaten alive?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I kind of want to see this adapted to pen&paper now. It will be an entire game system based on half the party dying every encounter.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zeikier posted:

I was just thinking that. That titan looked like he bowed to the woman he met, and apparently Ymir has some degree of importance, and apparently that woman was...related somehow to Ymir I guess?

She wasn't related to Ymir, she just looked similar to Ymir.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Another awesome chapter. Also an anime for this? Yes! A very happy day!

There was a kickass trailer posted a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKzmOh4SuBc

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

They have already dissected Titan's before, or at least cut them open before learning of the weakpoint. It's how they know that Titans have no internal organs other than a stomach.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

We've already seen how horrible it can be when someone is attacked by human-sized Titans. At least a building-sized Titan will kill you in one or two bites.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The fight started to remind me of Edward vs. Greed in FMA, when Ryner's armor cracked. And now that I think of it, this is just like 2 Homunculi fighting.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Grei Skuring posted:

Wasn't that just the similarities in appearance?

Yes, the Titan mentioned Ymir because it thought that that Scout was Ymir, but we don't know why Ymir is important enough to the other Titans for them to know her name and appearance.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The original Japanese phrase can be translated multiple ways, that all essentially mean the same thing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

He did have some level of control over them. Remember when he smashed a smaller Titan's head when it disobeyed him, and all of the Titans backed off? When he tried to question that Scout about the 3D Gear.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

Was wondering, where's Jean during all this? At Trost still? Sasha, Connie, Christa, Ymir, Reiner, and Bertholdt were together to warn villagers and Sasha is with her family now while the rest are on the wall. Our main trio were with Hanji until they met up at the castle. Marco is dead, Annie's been captured. Don't tell me I've managed to confuse Jean with Reiner this whole time. :saddowns:

We haven't seen Jean since he talked to Eren about Annie. He's presumably still back at Trost with the majority of the Scouts.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

coreycoryecorey posted:

It has been a really long time since I have watched that show. I was just remembering him getting beat up a lot, and equated that with him losing.

Edward got beaten up a lot because while he was a cyborg Alchemy prodigy, he was still a middle schooler, going up against trained adults and nigh-immortal monsters.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Nonono! After the wounded-puppy eyes! The intense bread eating eyes!!

There's a little Sasha in everyone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It does look like something was cut out along with the neck flesh.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Popo posted:

Fair enough. Okay, the hooks could be the same material as the swords with their secret metallurgy.
The blackbox might allow for some mechanism that secures the hook after it's initial penetration and can then retract, allowing the hook to come free as needed.

The hooks do open up. Remember when Sasha saved that guy by shooting a hook into his leg? It opened up after passing through, to secure itself.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pixis is one of the oldest characters, those are just wrinkles. The lines on Eren's and Ymir's faces are also just straight lines, with nothing crossing them, and go all the way down to their jawline.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I was just thinking about how you would die many times over during the process of training to use the 3DMG. Like, literally one mistake and you fall from 40 feet in the air while traveling really fast. To be fair, Eren did mention something about people dying during their years of training.

Yeap, just look at how banged up Eren got when he bounced across those rooves, or how that one guy in the anime was moving with such speed that the impact of a titan's hand completely destroyed him. Trainees were immediately kicked out if they couldn't stay upright in the training device after X days for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There are guards using rifles in the opening, and in the last episode that guy shot himself.

e: Forgot what thread I was in, geez.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 23, 2013