Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008
Uh what. This manga is addictive and interesting but the art is undeniably pretty awful.
Inanimate objects look great but everything human just looks so disproportionate as well as static (apart from the aerial stuff, that's generally pretty good).

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/10/145

For example in this panel the characters all look like they're balancing on one leg with their arms out rather than running. I'm no artist but I think it's probably because their posture is so upright among other things.

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/10/141

This shows how disproportionate his hands/arms are.

On the flip side the art style really works for the titans because the disproportionate limbs make them look very creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008
That translation was like a curse. On my manga.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is that really the cover? Because I really cant understand waht´s happening there, apart from Mikasa. What the hell with that girl wearing a bikini with a flower in her mouth? The angry kids at bottom?

They're yet to be revealed characters in the volume. It was at risk of getting cancelled so the author introduced the bikini girl for fanservice and the little critter up top for cute factor.

It's the front page of the magazine it's released in dummy. Those are random characters from other manga also in the magazine.