Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
The mention of Biomega puts me in mind of another of Tsutomu Nihei's series, Knights of Sidonia. Like Advance of the Giants, it's about a warped, claustrophobic human society attempting to fight near-invincible enemies. Sadly scanlators don't seem to give a poo poo about it. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Zahki posted:

Geez, this is alright but it's one of the darkest things I've ever read. Right from the get go it's "Oh poo poo, they broke in" and then things get progressively worse and worse and never seem to get better. You do wonder what the hell is the point at some parts and end up empathising more with the average joe soldiers who just want to run away rather than super woman Mikasa who can just run around killing them without breaking a sweat.

For me, the grimmest part so far was that scene in the surrounded HQ when one of the supply group dudes eats his gun.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Knights of Sidonia, really enjoying it so far!

You won't be thanking me once you've hit up against the last available chapters :v:

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Vile posted:

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/5/36

As far as I can tell the blades are just thrown away and replaced. It does say something about the blades being twisted around themselves many times to cut through Titan flesh, but I think that's probably a mistranslation of your standard Japanese hundred-folded blade.

Looking at that picture, there's something I never picked up before, that's obvious in hindsight. The rectangular thingies they wear on their thighs are magazines for spare sword blades.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Jackard posted:

When does it reveal this? I read up to him meeting the girl in the forest before tiring of it,, all I remember is that they mindlessly parrot behaviors from their former lives

The reveal is a fair bit after that, when there are a set of sequences from the point-of-view of a zombified character.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
You could have Reiner giving Eren the news, cut to two/three lines of dialogue from the "main" conversation, then cut back to Eren's reaction. Or cut to the others after Reiner's first line, then just show Eren reacting incredulously in the background, even if we can't make out what he's saying.

To change the subject slightly, what do you all make of this screenshot?

I remember it being presented the same way in the manga. For some reason, the way the titans are juxtaposed reminds me a of mother and father. Possibly there's some theme I'm failing to detect here.