Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm thinking that the story is actually set in the future, and the giants were created by humanity. The reason the giants eat humans is because they need to in order to reproduce. The weak spot for every giant is actually what is left of the original human used to produce the giant. Eren's father was driven mad by this knowledge and that is why he kept it a secret and ran off to do something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

It's apparently a best-seller in Japan, so all we've really got to worry about is nobody translating it.

Your forgetting the third possibility, its too popular for its own good and the author is forced to extend the story well after it should have ended.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 2, 2011

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Scoobi posted:

Am I the only one disappointed in it?

Did you actually read the manga or are you basing it on the OP? I think the first few colorized pages look so bad is because they had a bad colorist. Its the only explanation I can come up with for why they look so terrible

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 3, 2011

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Its kind of hard to repair the wall or set up explosives properly if there are a bunch of giants swarming at the hole. They also didn't design the city to be giant proof, because once giants breach the wall they are pretty much screwed no matter what they do, and the materials and manpower is better used for fortifying the wall. The reason they didn't seal up the doors is because at first they didn't really need to, and now the doors are necessary for their plans to take back the outer wall.