Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Hugs Boson posted:

They must have thought of that possibility at some point, though, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to build (or keep, whatever came first) the innermost of the concentric wall circles, including the individual bastions of the inner cities. I guess I found it just a bit odd that they would go through the tremendous effort to build these giant walls (stretching over many hundreds of kilometers according to the map), and then just kind of stop there. But yeah, I agree, it probably boils down to everybody feeling safe and not really planing for an emergency of that magnitude and going on with their normal lives after a while.

What I've gleaned from the story is that each ring denotes a socioeconomic status. The trainees spoke about applying for the King's Guard or whatever, to live in the center of the city and live a cushy life. Perhaps they were originally meant to separate the classes, and making them a second/third line of defense was an afterthought.

Also, while the proportions are really whacked out, at least fight scenes flow naturally and are followable - more so than Break Blade, a manga that (I think) has a similar art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU