Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

Cake Attack posted:

Don't worry you're not. I read it a while back and although I liked it, I could barely understand what was going on beyond the basic premise.

It's not that complicated.

Human Refugee Colony is running from nigh-invincible aliens who exploit fuzzy-physics to be near unkillable, except with special warheads (Mounted to lances, because why the gently caress not).

Humans are dicks who jockey for position even in the face of annihilation, and sabotage their best chances of survival because they were moderately offended.

Lots of weird transhuman poo poo thrown in for spice, and a lot of funny looks at the main character because he's a baseline.

Gratuitous Nudity

That's the manga in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
I can't really say I'm too thrilled with this latest chapter

I mean, what the hell tipped these guys off? This wasn't just normal paranoia-level poo poo, this was full out "We know exactly what your plan is, and have countered it with the exact amount of force necessary to neutralize it perfectly". That goes well beyond normal black ops and well into "1984 level surveillance" or "We're actually loving telepathic". Especially given how much security that Levi's Group has indulged in, and how they were so sure of the situation that they cut the loving throat of a major, powerful contact without breaking stride.

I can understand them being competent, but this goes well beyond competence and approaches supernatural power. The only 'Mistake' that they made was not killing off the guy's son (Who, given their hypercompetence shown, they should have been well aware that he was just hiding behind a tree). And I expect to find out they left him alive intentionally to set up another major victory down the line.

I mean, hell, if they had dudes this good all along, how did humanity lose in the first place? It would explain why they're not feeling terribly threatened by the Advance of the Titans though, if they're just letting them purge the population, then they'll unleash their supersoldiers to reclaim the walls, and the cycle begins again

Alectai fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 9, 2014