Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im in agreement about the art. Those hands. The creepiness of the titans and the gore/chaos/fear and everything are really great though.

Still loving it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Recursive Expanse posted:

Thinking about it, does the diary incident prove without a doubt that non-human controlled titans can possess intelligence? If so that could give a bit more credence to the idea that the Colossus could be made from intelligent Titans.

I still think it's human controlled, but I'm open to other possibilities.

I was thinking that only certain people can keep control after transforming. Eren doesnt have complete control and he seems to be special, so a normal person-turned-titan might not have control or even a way to change back. Those would be your average titans. The described deviants could be people with a little control, or at least be able to guide themselves a bit, then the intelligent titans would be people who have full control.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I'd let this thread go unnoticed until I saw it linked from the Finer Arts sticky in GBS. From reading the first chapter, it looks like the artist...isn't very good, he's not HORRIBLE, but his human characters are in a really, really rough style. I hope that he refines his style over the course of the series(similar to how Arakawa and Oda significantly evolved theirs over the years), because it is an interesting concept, and I'll be reading more most definitely! Avoiding reading the rest of the thread until I catch up.

edit: 9 chapters in and this is pretty incredible, really REALLY rough artwork but honestly, it's such a fresh concept that it's forgivable. I do also think it's hilarious that they tried to get something like this put in Shonen Jump.

Yeah, his art is pretty loving terrible but whatever.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Zorak posted:

Looks like the scout force agrees with us that the hyper-intelligent / strange Titans are likely "piloted" one way or another, if not Titans in general.

I was surprised that for once the characters can reason like normal people and come to the same conclusions as the readers, unlike every other manga ever :v:.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

In this latest chapter, poo poo continues to get real.

Hahaha, this loving author. One page :downs:, next is a :krad: two page spread.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Also keep in mind that Bert and Reiner were literal children when they knocked the wall down. Bert seems to not care but Reiner clearly is a little unstable.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hikarusa posted:

Why does it require effort to not be an rear end?

"heh you plebs have no idea :smug:"

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

The Bert and Ernie reveal is one of the best uses of panel layouts I've seen in a long time.

Yeah, I passed by it and had to go back and read it again. Then I just started laughing at how it was revealed.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I was browsing Amazon just now and noticed that all the volumes for this are on sale for about $8 if anyone wanted to pick them up.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Let's be honest, The Basement is said to hold the key to all the mysteries so I think that it'll be near the end of the manga when we make it there. Isayama is aiming to complete the series in 20 volumes, which would be about 100 chapters. We're gonna be at Chapter 50 on the 7th.

I think that Mikasa got a titan shot. Mikasa purposefully wears long sleeves so you can't see her wrists, but more than a few times her wrists have been exposed and there is nothing there. Which is either a goof or it probably wasn't a tattoo she got. Her mother doesn't have a tattoo on her wrists after all.

The Basement is said to hold the key to all the mysteries so obviously they'll get there at great expense and it will be nothing. :getin:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Only the best Gundams have mustaches.

KoB
May 1, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

With all remaining non-traitor members of the 104th Trainee Squad shuffled into Levi's squad, and given that they were moved there by Erwin for the express reason of endangering Eren's friends so that Erwin can see if Eren has more unlockable Titan powers, it's a near-certainty that at least one of them is doomed to death. Anyone wants to guess who's the first one to go? My bet is on Sasha, because:

(a) In the last character popularity poll, she was the most popular character after the power trio of Levi, Eren and Mikasa, so her death would be the most shocking to fans; and

(b) Isayama had already planned to off her during the Monkey Titan invasion, so he'd just be getting back to his original schedule anyway.

I doubt anyone will die, none of the main characters have so far.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Dunno, those guys seem pretty slimy and might turn on the Survey Corps in an instant if the King and co. offer them enough reason to do so

He seems to legitimately care about the welfare of the people in the city at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

so Annie's titan had big ol titan titties just cause? Grisha's girl just became that non-distinct long haired titan we all know and love

Thats part of her specific titan form. Ymir doesnt have titties either.