Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?
I think the art is pretty good for a new mangaka, so far. I like the way he especially draws Mikasa and the giants, but yeah, there is definite room for improvement.

Also chiming in with my love for this series so far. The giants are amazingly creepy and I love stuff with a huge scale, so fighting 50m giants is right up my alley!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

What the gently caress did the anime just do to Annie :psyduck: That was literally unnecessary.

VVVV: She might have but laughter is different from "blushy and starry-eyed as hell".

There's this and then there's: and this.

One adds a completely different tone to her type of crazy. It feels really skeevy.

victorisham fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 15, 2013

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

yellowyams posted:

The idea of Annie laughing during her breakdown isn't so bad but it just had very poor execution and didn't really get across her desperation or self-loathing or any of the actually interesting aspects of her character, it just made her look crazy. The entire scene hinges on her expression in that moment and the one they drew didn't convey any of the things it should've, maybe they'll fix it in blu-ray.

The blush was what really hosed up the scene for me though, maybe if they'd toned it down I wouldn't care so much but as it was it just looked inappropriate and out of place.

Same, that was most of the issue for me. The manga laugh shown does get across that self-loathing and guilt but the anime just makes her look happy. It's even worse than that single frame in motion because of the coy arm-grab.

It's mostly just disappointing :( The anime does so well on many other things.

This timing does leave me curious on where they'll leave off for another season, or even when another season could happen. They've caught up with a lot of the manga so far.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Someone on Tumblr posted the 4chan translations together with the pictures:

http://svenpai.tumblr.com/post/66270346731/snk-chapter-51-translations

Not typeset but I appreciate the translation notes anyway for what was vague/unlcear in the original Chinese.

EDIT: Typeset! 1 2 3 4

victorisham fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 7, 2013