Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

tsob posted:

I didn't think it was either. The source of her strength is implied to be the fact that she considers herself dead, and is living solely to protect Eren. She's not afraid to die at all, whereas everyone else is understandably loving terrified.

Really? From chapters 5-6, I thought she was strong since Eren's father was conducting experiments on her. After all, she did murder a guy by stabbing him once in the heart from behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Considering this page (Chapter 6 spoilers!), I'm pretty sure Eren's father was conducting experiments on her. The last panel took the whole bottom of a page for a reason. Also, he's been visiting her often since she was a young girl.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

New chapter!

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/11

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

It's so gross to think that the giants just vomit out all of the people they eat. That just makes the scenario so much more disturbing.

I mean, even if they manage to conquer back the land, they'd have to clean the stockpiles of human bodies that are probably littered everywhere.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wtf kind of perspective was that last shot

Yeah, I'm honestly confused about the proportions in the shot where Eren suddenly turns into a giant at the end of the chapter. Initially, it seems like his human form grew along with the giant's skeletal frame, but in the next shot, he's the same size as Rivalle.

Can anyone explain what is happening there?

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

PotU posted:

Well, that's pretty much all I needed to know, guess I'll just check back in once the show or the manga is done.

Have you looked at the newer chapters of the manga? The art does get better. Just give it a shot! I think you miss a lot of the experience when you just read a distilled summary from a secondary source. It's like saying reading a summary of a vacation overseas is as good as taking the trip.

Also, there's been good cosplay of the manga ever since the first volume was released. The Japanese was pretty quick because it was so popular over there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

RatHat posted:

So Christa knows nothing then?

The chapter was so tragic, but tt seems like she knows nothing, but is related to someone very important. Therefore, she was just a large bargaining chip for other factions among the humans or human-titans.