Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I had heard about this series a few times, but always passed on it because I dislike violent types of manga. I could never get into Berserk or Claymore or Gantz or anything like that. I happened to have a lot of downtime and not many options though, so I read this, and I really enjoyed it.

I can't even put my finger on why I like it. I still think the violence is over the top. I particularly found the murder scene when Erin and Mikasa were nine years old to be really unrealisitc. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to think they were both badass from a young age, or if there's actually a rational reason for their behavior and ability. It actually gets brought up in a later, yet untranslated chapter, so I hope they go more into it.

I think one of the things I find endearing about the series is how protective Mikasa is with Erin, while still not having a creepy yandere vibe. Even though she's a super human and trumps Erin's ability in combat, Erin doesn't prove useless himself. It's sort of like me to be into a pairing in a series about horrible giants attacking the last reminants of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU