Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is kind of unspeakably good. It's like if Berserk and FMA and loving Evangelion had a lovechild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The version on somemanga has a different translation, and now it's actually up to date too.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well, they also can't breed more cannonballs.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah, and Britain would have won the Crimean War so easily if they had just built B-52s.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Superstring posted:

The cannons are shown to blow the giants' heads clear off. Presumably they could just aim just a little lower and punch through to the weakspot from the front.

I mean, it doesn't bother me that much, wire fighting with swords looks pretty cool. But the idea does stay in the back of my head.

Aiming for the neck with even a modern cannon would be almost impossible under the circumstances.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just to make sure everyone got that reference, Ymir created the race of frost giants in Norse mythology (AKA the bad guys from Thor). So Ymir is a reference to whoever made these creepy things (probably a scientist like Eren's dad).

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
oh poo poo I bet it's his mom

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah plus Rivaille is the main character, and if you wanna talk about coulda-been's how about weirdo mustache general.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Soulcleaver posted:

gently caress
MANGAFOX
gently caress
MANGAHERE
DEATH TO NOEZ
DEATH TO
JACKY YUNG

... what the hell is this about?

Blubbering children trying to monopolize a small amount of credit for somebody else's work.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jackard posted:

Eh? How's that?

They run on the sun's energy and not what they put in their mouths.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I do like that the "determination to fight for your friends" angle, which is usually stupid as poo poo, is replaced with absolute hatred brought by a cruel and uncaring world. It gives the fights a lot more character than they would have if he was just getting back up not to lose, or to protect people, or some other boring poo poo.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well that is certainly a uniquely creepy dude!

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

codeorange posted:

I wouldn't go as far as to say taunting the titans to cannibalise her really counts as calling for aid. Sasha said it best: it was more of a desperate howl than anything. It's interesting however that the titans cannibalised Sasha's titan form. She's probably a human that's been given the ability to turn into a titan. She did see Eren's titan form get eaten, maybe she used this information to her advantage.

It was clearly a rescue thing. She didn't start talking smack about their mothers, I don't know where you got the taunting bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If Sasha ever dies this manga may well become unreadable.