Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I want to like the idea of this but the art is just soo bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

FallenGod posted:

I wish you could still reply with "what" without being banned.

Am I the only one disappointed in it?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Did you actually read the manga or are you basing it on the OP? I think the first few colorized pages look so bad is because they had a bad colorist. Its the only explanation I can come up with for why they look so terrible

I've read the entire thing. Its why I said its promising and I want to like it but it looks like someones fan comic and not like something I would ever pay for. The titans eating people are pretty great and scary, but goddamn some of the panels are just bad.

Basically I'm surprised with the level of love this seems to get both in japan and here despite it. And the story, while interesting, hasn't gripped me quite like berserk (I came from the berserk thread).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Thats better than the official art

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Its Mikasa's power level

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Terry van Feleday posted:

It does answer the question of how an upscaled humanoid can actually support itself at least, something most stories involving giants don't really bother with.

:raise: I guess it does answer it with: "Shut up its manga"? Ohhhh so thats how the giant humanoids can support themselves, by not following the rules of biology and science!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Nilbop posted:

On the other hand everyone dying all the time makes you desensitize and not care about the characters.

I know I'm already feeling it. Didn't give a crap when those squad dudes were squished by momma titan.

I don't even know who most of the characters are v:shobon:v Outside of Eren and whatsherface and whatshisface.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Pierson posted:

Is Uniqlo some kind of Hot Topic-style store where they cater to a very specific demographic (in this case anime and games)? I keep seeing people post their t-shirts and it's always stuff I'd never have thought to see on a thing people would wear.

Its a japanese clothing store, kind of like a japanese Old Navy (in real Japan) and they often sell graphic tees with pop culture stuff on it. Like shirts with robocop on them and poo poo. Being Japan, their graphic tees sometimes deal with anime and manga.

They are not anything like hot topic. Their regular clothes are really fit and comfy for skinny people.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Ooo potentially the same story but with actual good art? Sign me up.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I said it originally, the guys art can be real janky, but its gotten better and most importantly from the very beginning the artist has had a very keen ability to portray motion/action. That was probably his strength in the beginning, and he has only improved on it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Such a disappointing follow up after the last few chapters :smith: For the reasons that have already been mentioned. This is definitely a chapter that belongs in a tankobon and not in a monthly release in terms of enjoyability. I can see this being a nice break after the heavy chapters preceding it and setting up the next bits of exposition, but when you're already taking a month long break between chapters this ain't cuttin it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Blades get stuck in bone and poo poo all the time and she literally just cut lengthwise up his arm so poo poo was probably stuck as gently caress