Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

Zorak posted:

So uhhhhhhh what the gently caress IS going on with Erin anyways? Did his dad do research on the Giants, and if so, why the hell didn't he publish anything about it before or do anything about it before this point :stare:

Well judging by what was said in the Mangareader chapters about the myth of how the titans came about, I'd say Erin's father is somehow connected to a group of people who originally created the titans to try to bring people together against a common enemy. Would also explain why he didn't reveal any of this information before, kinda hard to say "I'll help you defeat these enemies, after all, I made them. :smugdog: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Well like I said, connected to them somehow, ie, Erin is the great-great-great grandson of the lead scientist guy who made the titans sort of thing. And yeah, I read it as Titans came to existence, ate humans for a while, last of the humans started living behind the wall a hundred years ago.

That said though, I still think even knowing someone in his family made the titans would be enough for everyone to want to tear Erin's family limb from limb. That or perhaps his father keeps leaving because the group that made the titans is still conducting experiments. Possibly on how to get rid of them temporarily or some such. Or the alternative, that new group is why there is suddenly a new titan just big enough to destroy the walls humans have lived behind for so long.

Either way this is all just loads of speculation based off of what's out so far. If I did this much speculation when there was only the first 13 chapters of Berserk I'm sure they would be just as off the wall as mine probably are about this manga. :argh: