Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Musashi not only wields a sword but also a pair of pistols.
Just caught up on 10 chapters: holy poo poo, this manga owns. I do agree that this has more in common with Gantz than other manga I've read...but its nothing like Gantz. Its fairly unique. If I had to describe it to someone, I'd say its a drama about war versus an unknown enemy. I hope the writer doesn't ruin the story by clearly defining what/who(?) the antagonists are, at least anytime soon. Although, if he manages to define what the enemy is and keep the story interesting as it has been, he'll be a truly amazing writer and I'll eat my words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sled
May 20, 2004

My favorite Mikasa image. Spoilers.

http://i.imgur.com/2XZk0.jpg

Sled
May 20, 2004

ArchDemon posted:

I guess it'd be interesting if all the titans ended up having humans inside them.

They seem to be heavily implying this. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case and the author manages to throw another mystery our way.

Sled
May 20, 2004

I'm so happy to get more chapters of this. I thought a flashback would be annoying as hell, but I really was wondering what happened during that time skip. Still, as someone mentioned earlier, this art. I'm having a hard time recognizing characters after not reading this for a while, the character designs really aren't too memorable.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo, this chapter. This turn of events came out of NOWHERE, but it makes sense it could happen given what we've learned about the titans. I loving love this writer.

Sled
May 20, 2004

So, the identity of the giant got revealed in in a pretty unexpected way. I'm guessing this is a turning point for the war part of the story, now the giants will reveal they can attack in the inner city proper.

And hell yeah, Mikasa. She was missing quite a lot from the past few chapters. Its nice to see her being reasonable and logical (like usual) about the new development.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Well, given about what the end of the chapter implied, she has no choice but to get her poo poo pushed in, even if she's killing a bunch of people that aren't Eren or Mikasa. Whatever she's got coming for her, she's getting.

(although, I want to say they hamstring her before anything like that happens, but look what happened last time they tried that)

Also, solar power? :tinfoil: Where did that come from?

Sled
May 20, 2004

How do we know Gatecrasher/Colossal are working with Big Hairy Dude and co.? Big Hairy Dude took down the wall himself probably, he seems unfamiliar with the titan fighting tactics of this nation, after all. I don't recall there being any mention of who specifically took down the wall this time, yet.

j4on posted:

Or they were just chasing her to begin with. Have we ever seen a human titan and a 'regular' titan peacefully together?

Yeah, I think this is a really, really good point to catch.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Mio Bison posted:

I was just thinking earlier about how odd it was that young Bernholdt would be good enough with the 3D gear to (presumably) escape using it after kicking down the wall at the very start of the manga... when I remembered that Eren first talked to Bertholdt and Ryner because they were both unusually good at the first 3D maneuvers course. This manga :3:

Woah, nice catch. I do love all of the hints dropped throughout the story like this.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Just looking back, I think my favorite moment in the manga so far was when Reiner begins explaining begins explaining he's the armored titan. It just seems to be happening in the background initially, and I think I re-read the page several times out of confusion to make sure I was reading it right. I hope the anime pulls it off so nonchalantly, too.

Spoiler tagging in case an anime viewer clicked on the manga thread by accident.

Sled
May 20, 2004

This adaptation is making me wish I hadn't read the manga yet, because its done so goddamn well. I really hope the animation keeps up. The whole over the shoulder animation making you think poo poo's going to go down, then it does...just not in a way expected. Its hard to capture just how agile they can be with still panels, and seeing it animated just makes it look so surreal, like when Eren's foot gets bitten off.

Sled
May 20, 2004

Man, Reiner cracking was freaky as hell. Eren's expression when he said, "Are you loving with us?" was just so goddamn great. This chapter seemed like it was answering some questions, but at the end, I realized it just left more. I love this manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sled
May 20, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

The "relaxing" Titan and the "shy" Titan gave me the chills. Titans with "personality" (other than the flat-out intelligent talking Titans we've seen) add a whole new level of creepiness to the already vast general creepiness of Titans. This manga is loving amazing at being horrifying in the most subtle ways.

Its nice to know that titans just want to chill and hang out when they aren't eating people.

:stare: