Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Thinking about it in a slightly abstract sense, this series isn't too different from a giant robot series. Replace 'the titans took over the earth and humanity was forced into one last safe zone with walls. suddenly they break the walls but one kid can become a titan' with 'aliens took over the galaxy and humanity was forced to hide at earth. suddenly the aliens find earth and break through the outer defenses but one kid can use the alien weaponry'. Hell, it even does the standard giant robot series trope of the protagonist's father secretly being a researcher into the enemy technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

The art is pretty bad on occasion, but only with the normal humans. Any weirdness on the Titans is either intentional or just works well. The buildings and backgrounds tend to always be good, though. Considering how well the manga is selling, I'm assuming it will get better fast, since he'll be getting great assistants.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I yelled "yeah" way too loudly at the end of the chapter because that page looks cool as gently caress.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

That was one of the best hand to hand fights I have ever read in a manga. Probably better than anything in Shamo, even.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

This reminds me of a thing I read in Gantz once, "Humanity cannot even dream of fighting back".

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Vincent Valentine posted:

Aren't titan's supposed to be relatively light? Those guys stomping around made it seem like they had some heft in their step

I think it's along the lines of say, a titan that's ten times the size of a human is only about five times the weight. So it's not that they're able to be tossed around super easy, they're just not nearly as heavy as they would be if they corresponded to a human's weight.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

This was quite the chapter. I don't agree with the assessment that the dialogue was implying titans eat someone to become human again. I can see where that idea is coming from in the chapter, but I think that's a misinterpretation. I saw it as Bert and Ernie asking if she had any memories of her time as a titan to see if she was any different, and she wasn't. I'm also not thinking Eren was originally a titan, I again think they're just referring to him not remembering his first transformation. Again, though, I can see where the idea is coming from. Personally I just think Bert and Ernie are trying to learn a little more about the whole situation, since I think they might be knowing less than we're hoping, since they're just warriors.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I think the reason Bert and Ernie were willing to betray their friends is because the royal family or wall cult or both, whoever is in charge of everything, is the cause of the titans and has a cure to titan-itis. If they could find that cure and get rid of the titans then sure, it would be worth doing what they're doing.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I wonder if there's another village out there somewhere where instead of inside walls, they live underground in tunnels and just have scouts around acting all like Meerkats or something. Or maybe the Titans would sniff them out. But maybe not if they were sealed underground just digging around eating molepigs all day.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Honestly the most mind blowing thing to me is that 2,000 years ago is an accurate depiction of what 2,000 years ago looked like compared to current tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

If Sasha doesn't get to live then no one does.