Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
downout
Jul 6, 2009

SmugDogMillionaire posted:

Pretty much not true.

There's services for a variety of religions. There might be minor poo poo to do if you don't go anywhere, but I would usually use the time to write letters or read the newspaper.

Bit of a derail, but for USAF basic I had a similar experience. We could go to one of the various services offered (2 mile hike at 7 am) or stay at the barracks and clean up. The first week our instructor stayed around to make sure we got stuff done, but since there were only two of us, he mostly ignored us. By week two we had figured out where we could nap up for half an hour without getting caught since as long as we got plenty done we were left alone for 3 hours. Of course, I should mention that my instructor wasn't a complete rear end in a top hat, and I'm sure there are plenty of power-tripping religious zealot instructors that would make your life a living hell or make some references during their daily screaming events. Just need to find out which one you've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downout
Jul 6, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

I live in Minnesota which is a pretty blue state but we still have our fair share of complete nutcases which have all come out of the woodwork with the debate over the marriage amendment that's going to be on the ballot here in 2012. A local newspaper actually decided to publish the following letter which looks like a copy/paste from Freep. Luckily I have the number of the person who put this in the paper and I'm going to make sure that she gets an earful from hordes of militant homofascists.

You should write a letter back with plenty of quality quotes of what is actually posted in conservapedia. As soon as anyone with two neurons to rub together reads that link, their eyes should immediately roll back into their head as they move on to the next editorial.

• Locked thread