Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Lady wrote to the local paper complaining about how the Massachusetts State Senate voted 6-32 against an amendment to Romney-care requiring identification when accessing medical care. So what would happen if the amendment passed and an illegal still needed medical care? To busy screaming "MY TAX DOLLARS" to see the answer to that one.

quote:

I wonder when the Environmental Protection Agency will declare the taxpayer an endangered species in Massachusetts?

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

fishmech posted:

I like the fact that they ALWAYS say that they're color TVs. As if having black and white TVs is perfectly ok with them, or possible to do in 2011.

I'm pretty sure that it's because the survey/study is actually pretty old, maybe from the 80s? That's also why VCRs are mentioned. The XBox could be from another study, and he's just mixing up statistics into a Heritage Foundation poo poo sundae.

e: Wrong, it's from 2004, using data from 2001.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2004/01/understanding-poverty-in-america

Still no mention of Xboxes, so he is just mashing up statistics.

Neptr fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 29, 2011

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Sorry, but in a base environment (as opposed to acidic) lead won't leach.

Thank goodness for all that basic rain!

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Pat Oliphant does this too.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I imagine it would be hard to argue that laying off older teachers would be expensive because you would have to give them severance pay and such when the response would be, "gently caress them, we shouldn't pay for that poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

quote:

Capitalism has nothing to do with business or money. It's a social system based on individual rights and objective morality, and the only just social system ever conceived by mankind.

What is objective morality? It's an oxymoron. I'm surprised Word didn't put a green squiggly line under that.

• Locked thread