Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I've never been in (or near) a frat, so perhaps someone with more experience can tell me: just how full of poo poo is this guy about how frats today are scrupulously careful about alcohol use and police themselves responsibly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

If you want stupid Secret Service op-eds, try this from the WaPo. The author thinks that we should turn over guarding the President to the military, and suggests that they should be put under the command of Allen loving West. If I was more cynical I'd suspect him of wanting to engineer a Praetorian Guard scenario...

Selachian fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 3, 2014

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

katlington posted:

When they talk about breaking an led, do they mean just breaking the housing? Or is it the actual tiny led itself? How would you even break that?

It's just laziness. The lightbulb conspiracy theorists claim that if you break a CFL, you and your entire family will die of mercury poisoning, even though CFLs contain only tiny amounts of mercury. Now that LEDs are beginning to supplant CFLs, they've just transferred the same arguments over wholesale.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Edible Hat posted:

"Why do people call me self-hating just because I'm a gay conservative? Now, let me tell you about how I preferred when gay people were ghettoized and had self-destructive sexual and drug habits."

Do I need to tell you that Milo Yiannopoulos is thirty years old and never directly had the authentic, transgressive gay experience that he so wants to return to?

Milo Yiannopoulous? The shitbag who tried to claim Gamergate for conservatism also has weird opinions about gayness? I am shocked.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Masturbation as civil disobedience! I like the sound of it!
:fap:

We will overcome!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

I have one memory of replacing the words in the Pledge with (what I thought) were humorous replacements, only to get hauled bodily out of my fifth-grade classroom by my teacher and read the loving riot act for :bahgawd: DISRESPECTING THE FLAG :bahgawd:.

Good times.

I have no doubt kids have been doing that since about five minutes after the Pledge was required in schools. From 1962:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bernie supporter writes long, embarrassing letter to the FBI begging them to indict Hillary before the convention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Uh....Fly tipping?

Illegal trash dumping. Our British cousins refer to a waste dump as a "tip," and the "fly" refers to running away after you perform the act.

• Locked thread