Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Bruce Leroy posted:

That author is also implying the conservative trope about how only something like 50% of Americans actually are "taxpayers,"

My uncle was attempting to engage me in a political discussion the other day, and he was saying that 50% of Americans are on government "assistance". Seriously? Does it take too much critical thinking to examine that number enough to realize it is ridiculous? I think Fox News pushes that statistic, as it was blaring in his living room when I was over there. My uncle started talking in maniacal tones as well. Seriously, politics makes people loving crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
God, Cal Thomas is so loving horrible. His pieces are always the worst, and his stupid little head shot makes him look like a smug Mrs. Doubtfire.

I especially liked the part about the poors' attitude towards entitlements. Hmm, think he could expand on that? Apparently if you're poor you just want more and more sweet government titty.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

The war on poverty has had success at combatting poverty, therefore we must stop it. They are angry the poor people we have aren't living in shanty towns like during the great depression.

Yeah, I don't quite get that line. So the war on poverty has achieved some level of success? Why is that a bad thing?

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
I especially like how having TWO color televisions, a/c, and an Xbox suddenly means you've "made it". Whenever I see somebody with two TVs, I know I think "drat, this person is loaded!"

You think they could use net worth or something as a metric rather than which inexpensive electronics are in the house. It's not like electronics slide into obsolescense quickly or anything, right?

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
Even if homosexuality were a choice (it's not), who loving cares? We are supposed to live in a free country! Who gives a poo poo if somebody wants to do something that you personally don't want to do?

• Locked thread