Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Scooter_McCabe posted:

This comes from the Washington Times:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/5/air-force-witchcraft/

At first you think its going to be some major Christian finger waging at those silly pagans. But then this gem really shines when the author uses paganism to discredit global warming.

The author demonstrates his mastery of ancient history in ignoring the use of Roman games to honor their gods, in which some games involved the death of its participants to honor them. The Romans also had the balls to declare one of their own god for a day as apart of a Roman general earning a triumph. My favorite is when the Roman's would capture a hated enemy and keep them imprisoned for a year so on the anniversary of their great victory they would bring out the prison to be publicly strangled as part of the celebration. Of course there is the standard, gluttony, bizarre sex romps, treachery that was part and parcel of upper class Roman society. (My sources for comparison against the author on the point of historical fact: History minor, the collected Discourses and speeches of Cicero, a famous lawyer whose cases gave insights into the scandals of leading Roman families.)

Everything is "pandering" or "giving in" or "appeasing" with these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

angrytech posted:

Didn't Cal come out of the closet a few years back or something? Searching for "Cal Thomas Gay" doesn't really return the information that I want.

He's a big fan of show tunes. No joke.

• Locked thread