Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

The ICC/BCCI would like to have a word with you :colbert:

TLM3101 posted:

The IOC would probably also like to contest someone trying to usurp their place as Kings of Graft.

As corrupt as both are, I think FIFA convincing Brazil to repeal the laws against drinking in stadiums originally passed after multiple deaths during games just because Budweiser sponsored the World Cup, directly leading to a wave of drunken violence throughout the World Cup that left numerous people injured over the course of its run, pretty easily outpaces both of them. But I'd love to be proven wrong (for a certain definition of love).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

VideoTapir posted:

Thunderf00t is not a mental child; but he is at least as dishonest as he accuses Anita Sarkeesian of being.

It's not the first time he's been outrageously intellectually dishonest in a feminism debate either. He's really not even worth giving any credit for intellectual honesty on that topic at this point.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

This is the example he gave:

That fits the WHO definition perfectly. What are you even arguing?

The full definition is: Violence is the intentional use of physical force or power, threatened or actual, against oneself, another person, or against a group or community, which either results in or has a high likelihood of resulting in injury, death, psychological harm, maldevelopment, or deprivation.

That's not harming people in any way, but in very defined ways.

I'm pretty sure they're reading "physical force or power" in the definition as physical (force or power).

The intent is (physical force) or power, Strudel Man. "Physical" is only meant to modify "force".

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

That's one of the most influential and wealthy Open Source tech people in the industry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_S._Raymond

Wealthy sure, but is he really still influential? I honestly thought ESR faded into irrelevance years ago.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

There's no meaningful difference between him and any of the new generation of captains of tech capitalism, except that the new generation might be worse. Point is these people are legitimately awful

Oh yeah, definitely. I just wasn't sure if ESR had had some kind of resurgence recently that I'd missed or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Homework Explainer posted:

quote:

A good case could be made for a woman to replace any of these men on their respective bills. But that doesn’t mean they never deserved to be on our money. Each was chosen for good reason. So was Jackson. 

The best part about this part here is the Treasury Department literally has no idea why Jackson replaced Grover Cleveland (which by the way, something good to throw in their faces is that Jackson himself was a replacement figure on the $20), but there's a good chance it was retributive from them because he loathed the idea of paper money and a national bank so much. Nothing at all to do with his "legacy".

• Locked thread