Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, every article Michael Reagan has ever written should be subtitled "Daddy! Daddy, do you love me yet?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

He was raped as a kid and spent his life terrified that the nude photos of him that his rapist took would be used to humiliate Ronny. That's not something I want to make fun of him for, but the dude is messed up.

Seriously? Wow, now I kinda feel bad. Still, doesn't change the fact that he's a regressive rear end in a top hat.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

Is it OK to post Thought Catalog garbage here?

Being Privileged Is Not A Choice, So Stop Hating Me For It

I had an aunt once who suffered from this. She was convinced that there were con men living across the street from her and used to sleep with a pair of hedge clippers in her bed so they couldn't rape her while she was sleeping.

Seriously, if he's so paranoid about his clothes, then I'm guessing he's basically GOB Bluth ("...f-king $3000 suit! COME ON!"). If he's so dumb he can't just say "I was lucky enough to come out of school without any debt", then I don't know what to tell him.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

JDM3 posted:

I have no idea why, but when I read it I pictured a woman. Not going to bother checking for pronouns, etc.
*EDIT* had to check....

Not that it matters, but unless this guy is the king of tinted-hair "so secure gender wise that he babysits" metrosexuals, it's a woman. Makes it no less irritating, but it does change things a bit.

Oh yeah, I missed the hair part. Still, she's probably an rear end in a top hat on the level of GOB Bluth.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

KomradeX posted:

So I've been meaning to post this for a while http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/happy-tale-cities-article-1.1483174

They're seriously arguing that extreme wealth inequality is a good thing. What the Christ?

To the right, income equality literally means "take all the money from all the people and spread it around until everyone has an equal amount". They have subsequently been taught to fear this because it must mean that people who support it want to take all your money and give it to poor lazy slobs. They are incapable of thinking about what it means beyond that, because it fits the caricature of those dumb tax-and-spend Democrats they've held in their feeble little heads for so long.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

swimgus posted:

I think Jonestown failed because they drank poison.

I laughed harder than I should have at this.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Because the Republican Party's fundraising emails aren't alarmist at all. Nope. They've never sent a single email telling about how Obama's gay Nazi brownshirt squads want to take your guns and make you gay marry abortions at Agenda 21 UN camps.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That entire article is a giant liberal strawman. It's very easy to refute arguments no one's making, dude.

Seriously, point me to one goddamn mainstream liberal who has made the argument that we should stop funding the humanities because that money would be better spent on "bums".

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Egregious Offences posted:

This ended up in my college newspaper.

Literally anything that isn't science or technology related is worthless unless for a passing interest. I'm not surprised, as this is a STEM school, but come on. It's not surprising that this guy also wrote for WND.

"Don't want a STEM degree? gently caress you!" Jesus Christ, these people are why no one likes STEM-degree-havers.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Deport The Irish posted:

I remember saying it pretty often as a kid (boy scouts maybe?) but the blank expressions weren't ELITE GOVERNMENT MEMETIC CHEMTRAIL MIND CONTROL. It was a bunch of kids being bored and wanting to get this bullshit over with.

I have one memory of replacing the words in the Pledge with (what I thought) were humorous replacements, only to get hauled bodily out of my fifth-grade classroom by my teacher and read the loving riot act for :bahgawd: DISRESPECTING THE FLAG :bahgawd:.

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Am I on glue or is this actually advocating an economy with lovely, low-paying jobs that have no benefits? Also :lol: at the Uber shilling.

• Locked thread