Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

ACoolT5 posted:

Wait, is this actually a thing that people focus on? Huh, who knew that Alabama has so little going on controversy-wise that THIS is a topic of conversation.

Yeah there was a bunch of phoney outrage on sportscenter for a couple days about Nick Saban being "abusive" or some poo poo. Meanwhile, Brett Favre would spank everyone on the field during the course of the game, including the umpire, and that earned him the title of "enthusiastic leader."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wilfoy posted:

Yeah there was a bunch of phoney outrage on sportscenter for a couple days about Nick Saban being "abusive" or some poo poo. Meanwhile, Brett Favre would spank everyone on the field during the course of the game, including the umpire, and that earned him the title of "enthusiastic leader."

With Favre they wanted it.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
McCarron deserved any abuse that he got in that clip, plus more. Bama was up 27 on a team who just had a teammate die from brain cancer and were in no shape to play anyone, and McCarron, on his own, decided that he would chuck a 50 yard pass into the end zone. It was even predetermined that State would not be "rammer jammer'd" by the band after the game because of the sorry state they were in.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Ben is not cool posted:

McCarron deserved any abuse that he got in that clip, plus more. Bama was up 27 on a team who just had a teammate die from brain cancer and were in no shape to play anyone, and McCarron, on his own, decided that he would chuck a 50 yard pass into the end zone. It was even predetermined that State would not be "rammer jammer'd" by the band after the game because of the sorry state they were in.

They were up by 17 and Saban was more likely pissed because it was a dumb throw that should never have been made, regardless of the circumstances.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
From some auburn fan via tigerdroppings, in relation to the SEC West story that is about to drop from yahoo:

quote:

If anyone is going to get in trouble it’s MSU. And those NCAA investigators were in LA to investigate LSU. I’ve never seen a bunch of yellow journalist want a story to be so true. At AU we have a creed that we live by, it is our code. We have never cheated nor will we start now.

For YEARS the Rec and bammers have framed, defamed, lied, bought media to make it look as if Au cheated. Heck, they even paid Scott Moore, A voice impersonator, to sound like Pat Dye talking with eric ramsey.

I am close to this coaching staff, I was at the complex last night, and they have done NOTHING wrong. THey wouldn’t cheat, it goes againts the Au code. I’ll say this, they are more determined than ever to continue to beat UA. The amounts of money given to Cyrus and Calloway’s parents was in the 7 figure range. 7 FIGURES. The AU staff has proof and have turned Saban and the gang in.

The kids were still loyal to our staff and have helped us. They pain that those 2 young men had to go through. imagine God confirming his will to you, and Greed parents rob you of your blessing. It’s sickening. This tree killing will not go unavenged. God’s wrath will be on the capstone now. You don’t mess with his anointed. We will overcome.

WarCamEagle. Toomer’s Will be Avenged.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 13, 2011

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ben is not cool posted:

From some auburn fan via tigerdroppings, in relation to the SEC West story that is about to drop from yahoo:

Wow. I have a lot of respect for AU and all but jesus, "never cheated?" That's a bit extreme.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
The dude probably home-schools his children on the War of Northern Aggression also.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ben is not cool posted:

This is when college football gets a bit scary. At least TAMU's fake army is funny and not just creepy. People living their lives like this.... :ohdear:

WE GOT A RAPE PIG
Oct 18, 2007

by angerbeet
A shame this wasn't around before I was banned from Warchant.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus christ.

ALL WE HAVE IS OUR CODE

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

quote:

imagine God confirming his will to you, and Greed parents rob you of your blessing. It’s sickening.

Huh? Does this have anything to do with Trooper Taylor telling kids that "God wants you to go to Auburn"?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"This tree killing will not go unavenged. God’s wrath will be on the capstone now. You don’t mess with his anointed. We will overcome."

:stare:

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Crazy685 posted:

Jesus christ.

ALL WE HAVE IS OUR CODE

If only he'd spelled it ARE CODE. :911:

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Tiger droppings is an awful, awful place, but at least they've given us LSUfreek

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Nail Rat posted:

"This tree killing will not go unavenged. God’s wrath will be on the capstone now. You don’t mess with his anointed. We will overcome."

:stare:

Toomer's Corner = Pearl Harbor.

I mean, basically the same thing.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
lol like someone has 7 digits to throw at a 19 year old. What a crock of poo poo.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

uncle jimbo posted:

lol like someone has 7 digits to throw at a 19 year old. What a crock of poo poo.

They threw it at the Greed parents.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

quote:

If anyone is going to get in trouble it’s MSU. And those NCAA investigators were in LA to investigate LSU. I’ve never seen a bunch of yellow journalist want a story to be so true. At AU we have a creed that we live by, it is our code. We have never cheated nor will we start now.

For YEARS the Rec and bammers have framed, defamed, lied, bought media to make it look as if Au cheated. Heck, they even paid Scott Moore, A voice impersonator, to sound like Pat Dye talking with eric ramsey.

I am close to this coaching staff, I was at the complex last night, and they have done NOTHING wrong. THey wouldn’t cheat, it goes againts the Au code. I’ll say this, they are more determined than ever to continue to beat UA. The amounts of money given to Cyrus and Calloway’s parents was in the 7 figure range. 7 FIGURES. The AU staff has proof and have turned Saban and the gang in.

The kids were still loyal to our staff and have helped us. They pain that those 2 young men had to go through. imagine God confirming his will to you, and Greed parents rob you of your blessing. It’s sickening. This tree killing will not go unavenged. God’s wrath will be on the capstone now. You don’t mess with his anointed. We will overcome.

WarCamEagle. Toomer’s Will be Avenged.

___________________________________/

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Ben is not cool posted:

Somebody just pointed out to me that Brent Calloway is adopted. Those awful adoptive GREED PARENTS!!!

the chief
Nov 3, 2006

by angerbeet

quote:

Heck, they even paid Scott Moore, A voice impersonator, to sound like Pat Dye talking with eric ramsey.

is this part true or just some urban legend/thing he made up? i know which i'm leaning toward but either way it's hilarious

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

the chief posted:

is this part true or just some urban legend/thing he made up? i know which i'm leaning toward but either way it's hilarious

Less urban legend and more :tinfoil: conspiracy theory. Pat Dye publicly admitted that he knew about Eric Ramsey's illegal benefits.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

From Coogfans. Hey guys, I think I mighta found us a diamond in the rough, better post about it!

quote:

Anybody hear about this kid [Jonathan] Gray from Aledo, Tx? He looks like an AA type runner. He scored 8 TD's in one game! Might be worth a look, unless we are already trying to recruit him for '012, or he is commiting elswhere.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
People who think that they are scouts for the team and that they can get some kid an offer just by posting about him a lot are the best. A couple years ago there was this kid named Nile Knapp from some tiny school in Georgia who was named after Nile Kinnick and really desperate for an Iowa offer. His dad or uncle or someone just carpet-bombed Iowa message boards with updates of Nile's high school exploits, but he never even got an offer to walk-on. There are a bunch of Iowa mesage board posters who got fooled and are still outraged that we never offered him.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

MorningView posted:

People who think that they are scouts for the team and that they can get some kid an offer just by posting about him a lot are the best. A couple years ago there was this kid named Nile Knapp from some tiny school in Georgia who was named after Nile Kinnick and really desperate for an Iowa offer. His dad or uncle or someone just carpet-bombed Iowa message boards with updates of Nile's high school exploits, but he never even got an offer to walk-on. There are a bunch of Iowa mesage board posters who got fooled and are still outraged that we never offered him.

At least message boards are easier to dismiss than kids walking into your football office and saying "You should recruit me because I'm the next LT" ignoring the fact they are 5'6 140.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Any post in a thread that says "Why are we talking about topic X we need to focus on topic Y!" Look I can focus on eating beef jerky and masturbating because I'm not on the team.

Also any use of the word elite.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is all the same guy from the St. Louis Post Dispatch forums (emphasis mine):

quote:

...he was quoted as saying Gary Pinkel was committed to to improving Memorial Stadium.
I know there will be arguments about how neat it is to warm up with your girlfriend on those chilly November days but, its old, old I say, old.
OK I have nearly talked [the Mizzou AD] into thinking I am ready for the psych ward, but I would love to see us build a arches over the stadium then expand with a roof either open or closed I don't care, but it would protect the stadium from the weather elements, and allows construction to work on the stadium.

quote:

think we are headed deep into December, remember we add a extra game in a couple of years and the TV crews hate to set up in the bad weather.
If we are going to bring in top flight recruits we need some more impressive sites.
I really have diagrammed the arch idea to [Mizzou AD], who by the way has a brother, if I remember correctly, that runs a Construction Company, and the plan is the easiest and cheapest.
Just build a roof over the current stadium.

I even like the open roof idea like the old Dallas Cowboys stadium.
The biggest problem we have now is the weather beats us up so bad every year weld, paint, sand, repaint.
If we did the open roof, the players on the field still have the elements to fight but the press box people have their clean suits.

quote:

One other thing, I live in Indianapolis and the people here were soundly against a dome stadium, but Mr Irsay the Colts owner built one anyway.
They made fun of Mr Irsay because he was rich and they were poor and they hated him.
Our community voted down a dome stadium twice, I might stand corrected on that, because I am borrowing info on that.
However, the 2012 Super-bowl is going to be played there, bringing in an estimated $300,000,000 to one Billion in revenues to Indianapolis,just this year in this lousy economy and worldwide exposure.

In late March I think it was, we signed the Big 10 Championship game for the next five years bringing in an estimated $100,000,000 each year in this lousy economy.
The NCAA Championship games are all here bringing in between $50,000,000 and 250,000,000 in this lousy economy.

YES let's loving put a roof over a college stadium and Super Bowl LII will be in Columbia, MO!

St1cky
Aug 16, 2005

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mike Alden, supergenius.

Hed posted:

This is all the same guy from the St. Louis Post Dispatch forums (emphasis mine):

YES let's loving put a roof over a college stadium and Super Bowl LII will be in Columbia, MO!

Tell that guy to suck it up and stop being a pussy. It's still in the 30's in November. Almost as dumb are the people claiming we need 10,000 more seats, because selling out 2-3 games a year warrants expansion. And the Superbowl in that town? That would double the size of the town for the better part of a week.

I'd post some KC Star stuff, but everyone that posts on those columns is mentally deficient and it'd just be rude to make fun of people that are that stupid.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ben is not cool posted:

God's favored football team.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
A serious warning for all bits, trolls and racist fans

Postby vikingfaninNYC » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm
I know who every one of u are. Since there is no mod here to ban you, and they wont make me a mod so I can do it, dont ever come to the same bar I'm watching the game. As my right hand to God, I swear, if you reveal ur screen name to me, IM GONNA BEAT THE LIVING *** OUTTA U. Think its a joke if you want. I'm very serios about my football and about the vikes. Im tired of putting all of ur screen names on my foe list. Im tired of sorting thru all ur stupid inane posts to find some real, legit news. This will be my solution.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

uncle jimbo posted:

I know who every one of u are. Since there is no mod here to ban you, and they wont make me a mod so I can do it, dont ever come to the same bar I'm watching the game. As my right hand to God, I swear, if you reveal ur screen name to me, IM GONNA BEAT THE LIVING *** OUTTA U. Think its a joke if you want. I'm very serios about my football and about the vikes. Im tired of putting all of ur screen names on my foe list. Im tired of sorting thru all ur stupid inane posts to find some real, legit news. This will be my solution.

this is me IRL

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Just picked this up off of the twitter:

quote:

@TylerWLee15:
If the Cowboys can get these things, we will be a Contender 1. Antonio Cromartie/Asante Samuel if he's released 2. Michael Huff 3.Randy Moss

Calvin Camus
Apr 7, 2005

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

quote:

Think its a joke if you want.
hilarious

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

MorningView posted:

lol There was a kid from my home town who did this on Tiger Droppings. He kept leaving "updates" about "top quarterback ______" and how he was going to take an offer from Vandy because academics matter first.

Y'all I'll be damned if Vandy didn't have poo poo to do with him.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Dumb Buffalo Bills forum poster #377 posted:

incarceratedbob actually is pretty reliable. He muffed up with us, but I believe a lot of his stuff, SaviorGayness on the other hand, can't stand him.
Alright....maybe it's not horrible. More sad and/or hilarious.

Yad Rock
Mar 1, 2005

uncle jimbo posted:

Isn't gimp a Vikings fan in NYC??

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
A poster at PatsFans.com making a couple mellow predictions for the upcoming season.

quote:

I'm predicting 2 things to transpire in the next 3 years:

1 ~ The Patriots are about to become the first team ever to win 3 consecutive Super Bowls.

2 ~ The Patriots will soon become the first team ever to go 19-0.

gently caress yeah

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
dat dude is super pumped

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AdamD posted:

dat dude is super pumped

HAVE YOU SEEN THESE TRAINING CAMP REPORTS?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ryan Mallet is the quarterback of the future. Gonna win us three more superbowls after Brady wins two more. gently caress Joe Montana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That guy is seriously one of my favorite posters on the entire internet. His mock draft from April is nothing less than looking straight into the abyss of madness.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/749559-off-grid-presents-worst-mock-ever.html

quote:

Draft Summary

1st Round

#13 ~ DE ~ Justin Watt

2nd Round

#49 ~ OG ~ Ben Ijalana
#60 ~ DE ~ Kenrick Ellis
#64 ~ RB ~ Shane Vereen

3rd Round

#80 ~ TB ~ Taiwan Jones
#90 ~ WE ~ Lance Kenrick
#96 ~ WB ~ Jordan Cameron