Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I wanted to like this due to the customization options, but character creation is a massive bear for people who just want to play a game, and one of the immediate problems that came up was that there seemed to be no gun that was really better than a pistol.

A bullet is a bullet. Going to modern systems from D&D or whatever means accepting that guns are not inherently balanced. If you are pouring through the lists looking for the best broadsword for making trip attacks it is a bad deal. Besides, most pistols on the lists can't do automatic fire and have poo poo range or ammo capacity.

MY main issue with Spycraft is the depth of minutia it inspires; I remember the rabbit hole I ended up going down when I took a feat that let me use the BLEEDING rules which forced a lot more rules lookup and an amazing amount of mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I sorta wish they had done the Spycraft Lite they discussed at one point, d20 modern is too goofy simple and Spycraft 2.0 is too baroque (and gently caress, I play GURPS for preference) and minutia obsessed. A medium between the two would rule.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Spycraft 3 is in the works, but there's no set release date yet.

It has been in the works in various forms for a few years now.

• Locked thread