Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rhyno posted:

Anyone in a flash mob deserves to be pushed in front of a moving train.

I thought this one was pretty funny, but that's pretty much the only one.

ElwoodCuse posted:

HH Greg is opening some stores around here for the first time ever. They have this ad playing almost non-stop with a lovely cover of Help! and I think I hate this chain already even though their stores technically aren't even open yet.

At least you've been spared the ones with a lovely cover of "Get Down Tonight," count your blessings.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

osukeith161 posted:

Also, Hyuandi and Pomplamosse. I will never, ever purchase one of your cars. That campaign ruined your brand.

I'm pretty sure lovely cars ruined their brand.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why the Pomplamoose hate all of a sudden?

Because they're terrible, just like Hyundais.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

bucksmash posted:

To remedy this, however, I watched my new favorite ad, the Domino's "Decisions" ad, if only for the very last second. Even if it's fake, my friends and I all jaw dropped then started laughing uncontrollably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9HaKkzJAY
Domino's - Decisions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9HaKkzJAY

That little girl has quite an arm on her.

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Don't know if this is local to Tennessee or not (never heard them in Texas or Oklahoma, though,) but those "HELUVA good dip" :smug: commercials are intolerable

e: upon looking at YouTube, I see a whole lot of NASCAR videos related to this product. well then!

I think it's a national brand. Pretty good dip.

Gonz posted:

This one is new. It's only been playing a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrmsSbojBVI

:unsmigghh:

What is it with these Old Navy songs and the most horribly off-key music and singing? I didn't mind the first one or two but each one has gotten exponentially worse.

raditts fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 9, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

kami posted:

This one's probably my favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CxmVxBnR78

I love my Thienna!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Doc Hawkins posted:

Can we complain about online advertising here? Because god drat am I sick of ponies.

No, don't. You'll attract them.

Sash! posted:

They're not Vikings. They're Visigoths.

They're goths, not Visigoths, and they're not goths, they're punks!

raditts fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 11, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Reo posted:

The thing that gets me about this commercial is this:

In Cars, the cars are people, right? But the pet boutique ALSO has cars in it! So in the Cars universe, people have other people for pets? :psyduck:

The Cars universe is a hosed-up place, man. It's not too far off from the core Disney universe though, where dog-men have dogs for pets. I guess it's some kind of Planet of the Apes type thing.

I would watch Planet of the Vehicles, where the second-class vehicles rebel.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still find it really insane how T-Mobile continues to air their ads bashing AT&T when they got bought out by them 3+ months ago. I'm also not sure if you have T-Mobile or go get a phone from them now you'll even have one of those special contracts once the merger is approved. I sincerely AT&T lets those exist.

It's funny too, since the AT&T commercials are all about how they and T-Mobile are one company now.

T-Mobile was the only one left with remotely reasonable plans and contracts, who do I switch to once my contract is up? :(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I'm more annoyed that there are still multiple commercials airing right now that use the Mac/PC "two people standing in front of a white background with tinkly music where one is all :cool: hey check out my awesome product! and the other is all :downs: duh-hyuk I'ma argue that mine is better but you'll show how dumb and wrong I am!" format. It wasn't clever when Apple was doing it and it's even less so when you do, T-Mobile, Kindle, and lovely local bank.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

vyst posted:

That's pretty awesome. I did see him on Franklin and Bash doing a comedy role and was pretty funny.

Let's not forget his groundbreaking role as Maniac in Wing Commanders 3 and 4.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Wowzers.

You guys don't really think they didn't know what they were doing here, do you?

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 15, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Moose Bigelow posted:

This. In marketing classes from grad school they showed us ads like "plop plop fizz fizz" for alka seltzer and other various ads that were among the most memorable of all time and while most were very humorous they did not result in people actually buying the product.

I thought that one was the "That's a spicy meatball!" ad, which boosted sales of spaghetti but no one could remember it was an Alka-Seltzer commercial.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

vyst posted:

I like that commercial they had that was a longer version with the same song. I liked that song too.

That lady's singing does make me want to drink, so mission accomplished there I guess.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SolarFire2 posted:

I can't tell is Adrian Brody is supposed to be singing or reciting poetry, but it sure doesn't make me want to drink beer.

I think he's just supposed to be sloppy drunk. The women in the audience are crying because he was doing so well but we're seeing him fall off the wagon in a big way.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

dominator posted:

At the very end of this commercial (theres a shorter cut that doesn't have it) one of the kids chucks a soccer ball at his teachers face or something. That really bothers me for some reason.

It's not the teacher, it's one of the Dominos people. And it makes that commercial totally worth it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Steak Justice posted:

There's a commercial involving a kid getting SUPER STOKED for "Social Media" and "The Almighty Cloud" on his phone. What loving kid says things like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sudden Guts Pill posted:

This is a pretty stupid reason to hate a commercial, but the same drat commercial has been playing in front of every single blip video I've watched in the past week (and I watch a fair amount of blip videos). I forgot what it was even for, I think an HTC phone. But it begins with some piano notes and a guy saying "YOU are the next trending topic..." and ends with a little girl singing a song, of which only four words are audible until it's cut off for more narration.

I'm sure that girl is talented and that song is probably not terrible for how old she is. But goddamn, I wouldn't know, because I only know four words of it that run on a loop in my head throughout the day. I shouldn't be this annoyed about it, but it plays so often before blip videos and on TV that I have to dive for the mute button every time, and even then just knowing it's on puts that four-word song in my head over and over and over.

:byodame: WHEN I GET OLDER I WILL BE STRONGERRRR

John Stamos posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpX1rPCCUig

K'naan - Wavin' Flag

It was pretty much the theme song of last year's World Cup.

It's still a terrible song made even more terrible by some no-talent wannabe youtube sensation.

SpacePig posted:

I think she's adorable. Please don't kill her.

She's also in a Metamucil commercial.
The shape of her head bothers me, it's like a giant fleshtoned pumpkin.

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 5, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I don't even get the point of that commercial. I guess they could be trying to say that their screens are really lifelike, but from what I remember they don't even say anything to that effect. And anyway you can actually see the phone's screen on TV and can tell it's a phone with a picture of a spider on it.

It'd be a pretty decent commercial for LSD though.

Smashing your phone because there's a picture of a spider on it isn't normal.

But on meth it is

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Druggachusettes posted:

THAT'S THE TRUTH, TRUTH

After the opulent Russian with his own miniature giraffe, that poo poo just don't cut it, DirecTV.

Secks posted:

There's a new Pepsi summer commercial out that's just horrible (can't find it on video yet). There are polar bears with Coca Cola and this yacht comes out of nowhere with a "tanned" polar bear with others in bikinis. He is talking about partying and throws them Pepsis.

The animation just seems incredibly amateur and the voices are awful. It almost looks like a student project. I have a feeling I will be seeing a lot of this one.

They're really going after the old Coke standby commercials, I've seen a couple with Santa at the beach drinking Pepsi because he's only obligated to drink Coke when he's on business.

I have to admit I laughed when the brown bear took his sunglasses off to reveal tan lines, though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 10, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Crowetron posted:

How and why does Jamster still exist?

Stupid teenagers, and the stupid parents who give them expensive cell phones.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SamBishop posted:

I hate both of you so much for having to look this up. Everything about it gives me a full body shiver.

WHAT THE gently caress AHHHHHHHHH

I don't know what it is, I don't care what it is, I just want this loving commercial off my goddamn TV.perfect.

They show this on TV??

This pretty much says it all for me:

quote:

As Seen On:
What The Christ?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's not a TV ad but I am honestly annoyed that they already have 'Back to School' poo poo up in stores. It's the second week of July you bastards!

Funny you should mention that, I just saw this stupid loving Mini-Wheats commercial, which is the exact same as the one from last year except the stupid loving mini-wheats are wearing 2011 glasses instead of 2010.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I see this all the time watching the DIY network:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueuiYm3FzJo

Clearly he should have been using the money he saved keeping his house two degrees warmer on his psychiatric medication, that way he wouldn't be spending it to repair the damage he did to his house.

Jonny Angel posted:

Mango pineapple is pretty godawful though

You're out of your goddamned mind, the mango pineapple smoothie is the only good thing McDonalds has done in years.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I think he may be talking about, you know, the ad for it. You know, "When I say mango, you say pineapple!"

That would make sense, wouldn't it... I've had the good fortune to not see that one.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Moon Monster posted:

That Justin Timberlake sex movie I can't remember the name of has been getting shitload of ad-time for like a month now. Who wants to see a movie about Justin Timberlake getting laid? Seriously, where's the appeal? I guess they're shooting for 15 year olds who are just there hoping for a possible topless scene but are too chickenshit to type "boobs" into google.

What bothers me most about that commercial is the part where they show Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake, presumably having just finished doing it, and they both fall back on the bed exhaling heavily. How is this possible? Who was on top???
(and yes I'm aware this is extremely :goonsay:)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I just saw this on TV, and I definitely did not see the end coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxW_ZCd64tg

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sanschel posted:

The two most irritating ads on right now:

1) The car ad where it's a little girl in the driver's seat, fidgeting around while her dad lectures her, until he gives her the keys and she's actually a teenager (a 20-something teenager) and she drives off.

The dad in this drives me crazy; he seems really overprotective and controlling, and reminds me too much of my dad and brings up memories of troubles I've had with him. Inspiring thoughts of familial problems is not a good way to sell cars.

I'm pretty sure they didn't take your personal abusive upbringing, and the way you could somehow associate it here, in mind when they were making the commercial.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Darth Freddy posted:

Does any one else hate the new old spice guy?

I'm not sure why anyone wants to put Fabio on television anymore, his face looks like loving silly putty.

Tunnelman posted:

Who the gently caress participates in flash mobs anymore?

http://www.fox.com/mobbed/

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 28, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

FetusSlapper posted:

I think there is also a 70's version of this, but its basically an endless stream(provided you keep clicking on the next highest number,(i'm up to 240) of commercials from the 80's.

Sure, I'm probably crazy for being entranced by this, but the level of crazy needed to have both recorded all this and then transferred to computer and then thus to youtube represents a serious obsession. An obsession that none of us on something awful will ever smell like due to personal hygiene neglect that this kind of dedication implies.

http://www.youtube.com/user/80sCommercialVault

Those are remarkably good transfers, too. The tapes those were on must not have been touched since the 80s.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

fariz posted:

Yeah. It wasn't funny when the gum commercial ran with that EXACT same idea several years ago, so it'll be HILARIOUS now!

Don't hate on the Orbit gum commercials, I still use "What the french, toast?" every chance I get.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I don't know why they don't just get the Russian guy back for more commercials, all the other ones just seem to try to copy them anyway and fail miserably.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

LASTCAR posted:

If I see that loving FOX commercial for the show with Zoey Deschanel and the three gay guys one more time, something's gonna die.

Am I imagining things or was that show called "The New Girl" in commercials a few weeks ago as opposed to just "New Girl"?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That AT&T ad that starts with some douchebag in Generic European Village saying "duh excuse me, my great grandfather used to live here" into his phone to translate to some bewildered old man. I like to imagine that if they had extended that scene the old man would've said "So loving what, you think I knew him just because I'm old?"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

AA is for Quitters posted:

The worst part was having to watch/listen to these ads while living almost 1000 miles from the nearest DD. DD coffee is the best large-chain coffee out there, and drat if those ads didn't make me miss it. As annoying as they were.

At least Sonic has mostly expanded into the entire country. Nothing better than watching ads for things you have to take a massive road trip to get to. Harold and Kumar only had to make a 45 minute drive. Imagine trying to road trip to a Sonic 6 hours away.

On a related point, I'm glad they quit showing national Jack in the Box ads.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

NaturalLow posted:

This one drives me crazy too, but then again every Axe ad ever made pulls some variation of that poo poo. The part that always gets me about those commercials is the demo where they advise you to basically completely douse yourself in the stuff ("under your arms and across your chest :downs: " )

At that point you're going to leave a cloud of Axe behind you everywhere you go. Which I guess is the point?

At least they quit using the phrase "double pits to chesty" which just makes me want to punch any living thing in my vicinity.

And yeah, it's been a long time since I was in high school but I remember it being a phase where people just spray themselves with a giant cloud of whatever kind of cologne they have because they don't know any better (I was one of those people, but at least Polo Sport smelled kind of nice).

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wonder whether re-airing old commercials would be a decent marketing strategy. I think that the Frito Bandito and Burger King were pretty clever. There have been some "classic" products in their original style of packaging around lately, so I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well to put out the old ads, too.

And didn't this Coke commercial go viral back in its day? Maybe it'd work today.

Orrrr.... maybe not.

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 14, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Malachite_Dragon posted:

While we're on the topic of the Geico commercials, I am so loving tired of those goddamn Cavemen. My sympathy for you ran out about the five hundredth time I watched you bitch and complain about that 'so easy even a badadaseragagea' I can't even type it without becoming enraged anymore. You want it to stop applying to you? Get a loving haircut and a shave! :argh: Shut the gently caress up about it! We don't care anymore!

:what: Have they had a caveman commercial in like, the last year?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Since creatively bankrupt ad agencies apparently still can't stop making Mac/PC knockoff commercials, now we have Virgin Mobile doing one where they take the "cool Mac dude" role and put T-Mobile in the "borderline retarded PC guy" role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cstANB3RHg

I wasn't even aware Virgin Mobile still existed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Quandary posted:

How haven't i seen this. This is wonderful.

This makes me mad, because I wish I had thought of doing something this loving stupid and expecting people to give me money for it, and being right.

I mean, look at #1102. Not only does it not look like a loving cat, like all the rest of these loving scribbles, but it's not even black!

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 16, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Chicken Doodle posted:

I loving hate that one so much because of her freakish detached head. I'm glad they're going under and I'm going to say that's why. :v:

I'll second that, that's pretty much my most hated commercial currently on because of that and her awful singing. Those stupid commercials showing a person's arms and voiceover doing AMAZING things with an HP was were terrible back when they did them with Jay-Z and Fiona from Shrek, I don't know what made them think anyone wanted to see them again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Amorphous Blob posted:

Speaking of which, am I supposed to recognize the people in the commercials?

Probably not especially, but the horrible singing woman my wife informed me is from Glee, the obnoxious British guy is lovely unfunny actor Russell Brand, and the adorable Filipino man is MMA fighter Manny Pacquiao.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

henkman posted:

You couldn't take the 5 seconds to lookup that he's a boxer, not an MMA fighter?

e: that was unnecessarily harsh

You seem to mistaken into thinking I particularly give a poo poo either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

No. 9 posted:

I think Old Navy has really topped themselves and made the shittiest advert in their history with this Night Ranger thing.

I saw that commercial yesterday during an SNL rerun and until the end I was sure it had to be a fake commercial.