Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Well it's getting to summer and that means more horrible Stop Bugging Me ads here in Washington.

Here's the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-PmQ242AHI&feature=related

The second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqm9fGKE8UI&feature=related

And the latest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZiv0q_-G5o&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hey, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, I know you love your slogan, "I put that sh** on everything," and think it's super hilarious, but it's getting really tired when it gets played twice every ad break on almost every radio station, and it's not that good of a tagline anyway.

shotgunbadger posted:

Joseph A Bank cannot cum unless someone buys a suit from him.

So you're saying he's the suit equivalent of Doug Thomas?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Something occurs to me about that Trojan vibrator ad. They're having a bridal show and giving her the vibrators as gifts. They say, "it'll really blow your hair back." The three women gifting the vibrators have their hair blown back.

Are they giving her used vibrators?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

aquatic sideshow posted:

Dear ad wizards, if you need to LITERALLY spell out the joke (Geico), it's not only not funny, it's offensive.

The radio ads are so much worse than the tv ones.

"Does a rolling stone gather no moss?"
*20 seconds of soft banging*
"No moss, you're gonna have to trust me on this."

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Achozen posted:

The commercial in question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if_V648W00k

John DiMaggio really gets around, doesn't he?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The two most irritating ads on right now:

1) The car ad where it's a little girl in the driver's seat, fidgeting around while her dad lectures her, until he gives her the keys and she's actually a teenager (a 20-something teenager) and she drives off.

The dad in this drives me crazy; he seems really overprotective and controlling, and reminds me too much of my dad and brings up memories of troubles I've had with him. Inspiring thoughts of familial problems is not a good way to sell cars.

2) The Thrive tablet ad, where the guy picks up a tablet box, and suddenly the camera starts swinging around him in a wild 360 degree spin, while singers and cheerleaders come out and he's doused with champagne and celebrated, and the tagline is "The tablet done right."

Let's ignore that this ad's spinning actually makes me a little dizzy, and concentrate on the fact that it's complete garbage. Most of the bad ads in this thread at least address their product in some fashion, showing you the item in question or telling you what it does or how it looks or what it tastes like. This one doesn't give you the courtesy; you get 25 seconds of pointless spinning while random people in matching outfits laud some doofus for picking up a box, a brief shot of the tablet, and the tagline. Even the reviled and pretentious iPad and Kindle ads at least display or talk about what the loving thing does. Toshiba instead decided that "PEOPLE WILL LOVE YOU IF YOU BUY OUR THING! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT DOES! LOOK AT THIS rear end in a top hat, THESE PEOPLE loving ADORE HIM!" was a better way to hock their crap.

And if you can't even be bothered to show how great your loving product is, you have some brass balls to claim it's the best version on the market. What does "done right" even mean here? Are the competing tablets made of twigs and mud? Do they immediately burst into flames the first time they're turned on? Where do you get off being so goddam smug?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

There's a new car ad on (actually a couple different ones), where they tell you to think about all the "missed opportunities" you've had in life, like not writing that book, asking out that girl, or becoming a musician, so don't let this car be another one of those! Making people regret major life decisions seems like an odd way to sell a car to me.

Switching to an ad that amuses me, there's one on the radio around here for Washington State Online Schools or something, where they have a male and female voice speaking as if to their child (telling them how proud they are that their 6-12 grade kid is taking online classes at 10pm instead of attending a regular school). At the end of the ad, this happens (paraphrased):

Female voice: I know that with Washington Online Schooling, you're getting a quality education on your own schedule, and that makes me proud.
Male voice: Me proud.

I just love that tacked on male bit at the end. I see what they were going for, the male and female voices are supposed to be making the same point, but by dropping the word "makes" (which would have given the correct impact they wanted), it now sounds like Bizarro has stepped in and touched up the end of the ad.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hahaha, Shannen Doherty, what the gently caress, are you really so low you're reduced to hocking Education Connection? Jesus christ.

Equally what the gently caress, but for a different reason, they actually made a commercial featuring Randall and the crazy nastyass honey badger. What is going on, television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

TontoCorazon posted:

HOoooooly poo poo that prius ad is disturbing as gently caress. I had never seen it before and some goons earlier were talking about it but I didn't think it would be that creepy but Jesus is that thing horrifying.

Is that the one with the guy made out of people? I saw that for the first time today. I was too stunned to even catch what it was selling.