Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Iron Crowned posted:

So, do the planes build the cars, or the cars build the planes? Or is there something much more sinister at work manufacturing these sentient machines?

Cars is the logical conclusion to the end of the Stephen King short story "Trucks".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Iron Crowned posted:

So it's the sequel to Maximum Overdrive then? :v:

I never saw Maximum Overdrive in full; mostly just clips on Youtube. So I wasn't sure how that ended.

Since Trucks had more of an open-ended conclusion, I went with that.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Stairs posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZcVzFbbWc
The person who animated this Froot Loops commercial decided to let his nerd flag fly by inserting Tux the Linux mascot.

Man, there is a lot of stuff going on for a cereal commercial.

When I was a kid, I think Toucan Sam would just follow his nose to the Froot Loops and then kids would eat it. No snow chases or anything.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

TheHan posted:

I'd like to know if anyone's seen a single commercial for that Alvin and the Chipmunks movie that came out what I think must've been a few days or maybe a week ago. I don't know because I haven't heard a peep about it and the thought that a studio would have so little faith in a movie is as hilarious as it is unbelievable to me.

It might depends on what channels you're watching. I think I only saw a commercial for it once--the chipmunks were doing Bad Romance--but if one was watching Nick or HUB or something like that, I'd assume that they would be seen a lot more.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

SpacePig posted:

As a kid, I never understand why my family never ordered from Pizza Hut because all I wanted was a personal pan pizza. Now I know.

Sounds like somebody should have tried a little harder in their school's Book It! program.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

DrBouvenstein posted:

So, like...the King pays for it, or something?

IIRC, every home that has a TV pays a tax that funds the BBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MD2020
May 30, 2003

Well that's my story.

Farbtoner posted:

The commercial for Acts of Valor, in addition to looking like an awful movie independent of literally being a recruitment film for the Navy SEALS, amuses me to no end because somewhere over the past decade Eminem went from being one of those thug rappers who's corrupting our children to being patriotic red-blooded OORAH music.

This happens with most "controversial" music or culture over time. Look at Elvis or The Beatles.