Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

holocaust bloopers posted:

I cannot state it enough: fill out loss of income appeals if your tax return doesn't match your current income level. My school awarded me $0 Pell Grant money until I filed the loss of income appeal with a letter stating my current financial standing, W-2 stubs, and my tax return. It took me about 40 minutes of work and now I was awarded a maxed out Pell Grant for this upcoming academic year.

Stay on top of this poo poo.
Came in to ask why I may have been turned down for Pell Grant, found holly bloops with the alley oop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Cole posted:

Didn't they just change it so that the gi bill gives in state tuition prices regardless of residency?
I think that bill is still in the pipe somewhere. I don't think it's been signed off on yet.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Hey, don't know if this was posted in here or not, but if not it should be in the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pjd1QEA0c
This should be the first thing they show in each service's transition program.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Not allowing members to attend for-profit colleges would cripple the SNCO and officer ranks above Captain.
Good.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Please put this in the OP, tia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQLdhVpLBVE

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Christoff posted:

Also probably goes without saying but make sure you check how much terminal you can take. Some commands have dumb limits
In addition to this, make sure you have a copy of the leave form signed by whomever from your S1 or duty NCO on the day you sign out, and grab your LES's now before you lose access to them. That way, you'll have ammunition for when DFAS fucks up your final pay/leave. gently caress you, DFAS.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Zeris posted:

Goddamn I just got admitted to Columbia's creative nonfiction writing MFA program with 20k/year knocked off the tuition. GI Bill at 80% makes this pretty drat tempting.

Did anyone else submit for their Tillman scholarship? They said they won't have answers til mid-April, around the same time I'd have to make a grad school choice.
Dude, that's loving awesome. Absolutely do that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

anne frank fanfic posted:

Yes, so all you r*tarded freaks who talk about 'poop'ing and 'pooping on your balls' and going into portashitters to 'poo poo poop on your balls and masturbate on your phones' and other gross stuff with your Kuwait deployments (talking about how much you pooped, shitted, or masturbated in a desert between video games and not even having the wrath of Mother Mullah Omar reigning down upon you in blasts of hot iron and Mohammad Semen?? wtf you guys are lazy, gross, non contributors to the war effort) are not getting in. We have standards and you kuwait mother *retards are not in unless you deployed several times + had company command or whatever the enlisted equivalent to sucking the half-birds dick and cleaning up poop blood and semen stains from a few hundred dudes and lesbians is.
Sweet, I love sharing poop stories with my civilian friends. They are fascinated by how fast a man can poop when he really needs to!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yellow Ribbon is rad as hell. :slick:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

VA sent me $666 today. Hail Satan, I guess? What could this be for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Guess I should have waited to waive their health insurance.

• Locked thread