Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Bit of a strange question: so after I have already done the whole CH33 thing and that's all set up, what if I applied to a different school (other than the one I put in my CH33 application) because I had a very stark realization on what exactly my interests are? Will the benefits package have to be reaccomplished?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I love how the VA was slowly and slightly overpaying me for the past (almost) year, so now they get to skim my monthly checks to recoup it. Sweet basic math skills, guys.

I don't even know anymore.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I feel marginalized because everyone refers to community colleges in derisive terms around here. They don't teach machining at universities, ya'll :(

Note: I don't feel marginalized

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah I'm actually happy with my choice in CC because they are A: the best CC chosen by the Washington Post and B: have one of the most robust Machine/Tool programs in the nation.

I don't know why people look down on CC's, they are a very economical way to get a foot in the door.

e: I literally feel like I am getting a degree in metallurgy along side my regular poo poo. school, yo.

Mr. Samuel Shitley fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 7, 2012

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
hell yeah the loving cert official fatfingered my enrollment so now the VA thinks I had 8 credits worth of class I didn't attend this semester.

It's like the school is doing this poo poo on purpose to spite me

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
No it means they are asking the school/me for an additional mystery $1,395 worth of credits that was added to my schedule in secret (I assume, since this is the first I'm hearing of it). The VA thinks I didn't attend (lol) these classes, but I'm sure somebody hosed around with one of my disparate enrollments this semester and some extra cheese was added "by accident".

So yeah, if I take this to the school and they want me to pay for it, they'll soon receive a letter from an attorney!

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
That's the only reason I'm frustrated/worried; the VA overpaid the school, so if the school decides to go into maximum douche mode they might ask me to replace the money they had to send back.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Oh thank christ. Yeah the school just got an extra 8 cr. worth of tuition, it wasn't dispersed to me.

Sweet, I've been waiting to use my 'quietly menacing' act for a while, now I can do it tomorrow. Vasudus, this thread is definitely the most useful for me on the entire forum, so thanks for keeping up with it.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I have a confession, I slid so far into not giving a gently caress after I got out that I should probably be tried at The Hague for my first semester GPA, and now i'm on probation even though I did adequately last spring. I don't know if I should even go back to school now :cripes:

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

rockamiclikeavandal posted:

gently caress that noise

addendum and to reiterate

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Well I put in for a few classes a week ago just to fill up 3/4 time before I get another gen ed class later. I get an email saying that I'm in the system but not registered for any classes a while later. Unusual. Turns out the program I'm in got hamstringed or some loving nonsense, and those classes are no longer there. Not even on the full/wait list.

:thumbsup:

Time to make some phone calls

e: oh wait they'e there, it's just a shitload of red text CANCELLED and 0 OF 24 SEATS REMAINING

Mr. Samuel Shitley fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 21, 2012

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Vasudus posted:

Yep, that's what they're there for: to find out what your goals are and help you obtain them in whatever way they can. Want to go to school and get a business degree? Fine. The opposite also applies, they'll buy you a full welding/whatever kit if you're going to a technical school to learn a trade.

And if you have your degree already, they can help with job placement, as vets under CH31 are a huge tax break too.

I reeeealy should do this, so I don't spend my time dicking around in classes that I don't need, and I can get hooked up with a small mill and lathe shop so I can do calculus and make rocket engines in the garage.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Okay so all the seats got filled after my poo poo got dropped when they reset the progrm. So I crammed my foot in a few full classed in the expectation that some other shitheads drop out.

gently caress this gay earth

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I was jobless for a while but after some poo poo jobs found an opening at honeywell recently that would fit my resume like some kind of goddamn jigsaw piece. Hey bros that make JDAM components, need some dude with field experience?

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I'm scheduled for a slew of classes at CC (more like trade skool I guess since uni won't teach you CNC machining) but I still have to call the registrar to reactivate my file after my nonconsensual semester off. Good to know the person in charge of vet poo poo needs reminding to check the handful of fuckin GI bill files that exist at this shithole. I am so glad the manufacturing program here is so elite or else I would poo poo myself and throw the pants, burning, at the registration office.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Holy poo poo, I email the registrar at school after I was hosed out of winter semester this year, and it turns out that since my major didn't change (no poo poo) everything was taken care of about 2 weeks ago when I submitted my reg for next semester. Something goes my way for once? Poppycock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
I need another copy of my CH33 eligibility letter, and after digging around online I can't find out how to do this. I called the help line but it's jammed to the gills now as you may have seen.

I have a feeling it's something right under my nose I'm overlooking...

• Locked thread