Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
I applied for financial aid, and I know nothing of that process as I have only used my 9/11 bill so far, but I have been approved successfully. How do I receive pell grants? Just contact my school's financial aid office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
Can I go to two different schools at once, if one school all classes are taken online?

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
Thank you for all the help and info. What the hell does this mean:

"Interval pay, or break pay, is no longer available between semesters. While this means that you cannot receive partial housing allowance over the winter break, it also means that you are not wasting your entitlement on only a few hundred dollars. Remember that you can start and finish an entire semester with only one month of benefits left, so that one month of entitlement that you used over winter break to receive housing allowance could actually be worth more than $10,000 later on. Just don’t forget to save"

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
So, I plan on moving after this semester to a different state, but I plan on remaining enrolled at my current university and taking only online classes. Will my bah still change if I take a class in person in my new location along with the classes online?

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
So, I really want to graduate college without paying a dime out of pocket while getting the full bah on my remaining benefits... but I must take a class at a different school from the one I am matriculated in, in a different state during an accelerated period. How many credits do I need for full bah during a 7 week term? Is one in-class course and one online course sufficient to receive full bah during that time?

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
I'd like to thank everyone in this thread who sent advice my way the numerous times I posed you questions. Of course, I'd especially like to thank Vasudus, whose wisdom ensured I received monthly BAH without any errors, reductions, despite moving across country my senior year. Two parent school letters and 9-courses at two different schools over a period of a winter and a spring semester later, I am one happy veteran. I will earn my bachelors degree in May, with almost 5 months of benefits remaining. Any suggestions what I can do with those months? How much grad school can I squeeze from them, possibly an entire academic year? Maybe something bizarre, clown college perhaps? Thanks again.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

Vasudus posted:

5 months of benefits will net you two full (Fall/Spring) semesters. Each standard semester is approximately 3.5 months. If you have one day remaining, they will cover the entire semester in every way. So 5 months is two semesters.

You can also do things like attend (some) police or fire academies, if that's your thing.

So, when you say "in every way," that includes bah for two full semesters, despite only 5 months remaining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
So, I recently graduated with, thanks to this thread, 3 months and 23 days remaining in benefits. I don't know what to do with the remainder. I want to go to grad school at some point, but right now I don't think I have the dedication for it. Should I hold onto what I have left until I'm ready for that commitment or should I use the last of my benefits to earn some type of certificate, or even more undergraduate courses (for the cash)? How much can I juice out of those remaining months?

• Locked thread