Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaleidoclops
May 8, 2010

They came from the stars, they had electric flying cars!
back in 2007 I made an incredibly terrible attempt at college and I didn't finish the entire Semester. So I decided to enlist and now I am attempting to get a hold of the VA rep at my former school. Unfortunately the woman who answers the phone is the same woman who I tried to get help from 3 years ago When I tried setting up monthly payments during my boot leave for my college debt I had from that failed attempt. I still owe about 5000 dollars so I imagine that before I even enroll, in any school, I have to pay off the debt that I had from my prior attempt. I am not sure if you have encountered this situation, but I can also see the school seeing the Post 9/11 as guaranteed $$$ and would be willing to work something out with the prior debt. I can see this being wishful thinking as well as something that may work. Any thoughts on this situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaleidoclops
May 8, 2010

They came from the stars, they had electric flying cars!

Vasudus posted:

I have dealt with this sort of thing before, many times actually, and unfortunately there isn't a good solution. Vet or no, Post 9/11 or no, that debt has got to be cleared before any other school will accept you.

There is a possibility that you can work out some sort of deal with your school in regards to re-enrollment and paying off that debt. If you want to go to a different school, you're really in a bind and have to pay off that debt first. Under no circumstances should you lie to a new school, they will find out and the hammer they will drop is quite harsh.

My advice is to set up some sort of payment plan with them and get that debt cleared. Then you can take your transcripts and go somewhere else.

Thank you for the advice finding insight while on active duty is a rarity, now if i can just find a down day to work all this out.

• Locked thread