Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
When I went through basic in October 09 they had us fill out the GI bill paperwork and I got this one nagging memory thats been bothering me for awhile. Now this may be me misremembering something but I could have sworn we were giving the option of choosing between the montgomery or the post 9/11. Now the thing is I don't remember which I chose and sometimes it actually keeps me up thinking I may have skipped out on the post 9/11 for just the montgomery.

There's a link on the Air force portal that actually lets you see documents like your enlisted contract and whatnot that have been scanned into the system and one of them is the paper that says you signed up for the GI Bill. Now the thing is this paper has my signature that I signed up for the GI Bill but doesn't say much beyond that.

Question: Any way to confirm which GI Bill I signed up for?

Or maybe they just lied/cocked up the presentation or I misremembered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Thank you so much for answering... I was worried since during the presentation they said we couldn't switch over and that we were stuck with whatever we had signed then and there for life. Its good to know I can just change it with a click of a button but how would I go about doing this or is it something I should only be more concerned about closer to the end?

• Locked thread