Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Background: I recently separated and can use both the Montgomery GI Bill and Post 9/11. I'm married, my wife has a well paid job, and I'm looking for a job.

Goal: Short term I want to do some certifications (Six Sigma and/or PMP), and after a year I might get an MBA if my employment situation doesn't go where I want it to go.

Dilemma/Question: I've applied for the VCTP free certifications, but I won't be able to start one of those, if selected, until late July. Or I can start May 1st with a paid course through (say) Villanova, but the drat thing costs about $8k. Is there a smart way to do paid certifications (through which GI Bill?) and still preserve enough 9/11 GI Bill if I do want to get an MBA in year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
So I applied for post-9/11 GI Bill benefits about 10 days ago, and have only received an email acknowledging it's being processed. I'm supposed to start an MBA next week. The normal payment date was apparently today.

Any idea when I get my letter of verification of benefits? I guess I'll try to call and find out in the morning. If I have to I can pay an installment (or the whole thing) and get reimbursed later, but I know that's not how the post 9/11 is supposed to work, so I'd like to avoid it. Late registration payment deadline is apparently August 28, so that might be the way to go.

Any advice on how long this takes, and whether you can actually get reimbursed?

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
I only decided to attend at the last second, it was a back up plan. I also thought you needed to know you were admitted and where you were going before you can apply, and this wasn't exactly an apply months in advance thing. Ok, I can pay it all and get reimbursed whenever.

• Locked thread