Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Oneday for Life posted:

Ok so my date to get out is Oct 11th, but I have a lot of leave so I was going to take terminal leave sometime in late August. I want to start school this Fall and I'll be using all Post 9/11. Can I still get the Post 9/11 BAH benefits for housing for the month of leave that overlaps? Like, is there a way to wrangle double BAH for the month of September or something? I want more money. I need all of the money.

You can't get the BAH benefit from the 9/11 bill while you are still active duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

damastas posted:

EDIT: Also, I still need to talk to the financial aid people at school, but if between my wife and I we had $67,000 dollars in the wages, tips, other compensation of our W2's, I'm pretty much screwed for any kind of financial aid for the year right? We both separated from the military in September 2014 and have been unemployed since, but because she got a VSP bonus (~$40k) and the rest of our taxable income for the year is there, it's still pretty high. Are there any kind of exemptions for free FAFSA money for the unemployed, regardless of taxable income?

I got out in Sep 2014 as well but was in school for a month already. I was denied aid for the 14-15 school year because of my E5 income ($23k for the year when I got my 214) + the $30k I had in the bank. I already applied for 15-16 school year and it estimated me at $980 from the Pell Grant based on last years income but I'm going to file a appeal for reduction of income as soon as my school has their new form and hopefully get more than that.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Once you elect to go to Post 9/11 you can never got back to the Montgomery. You don't get any extra benefit time, still the 36 months total, and if you paid the $1200 for the Montgomery that will get paid back at the very end of the 36 months provided you use all your benefit.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

all apologies posted:

When should I expect my first GI Bill housing payment (in relation to my school starting June 15th)?

End of June if the VA has processed your benefits for the semester. You get BAH payments at the end of the month for every month you're in class.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

You'll get BAH for June 16-30th on July 1st. Prorated by day I believe, as long as its been processed by the VA already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I took classes at a different program last year and I'm starting an MBA this Fall. I got the change of program form in to the VA near the end of June but the certifying official at this school didn't certify my classes until about 16 days ago. How long should I be planning to wait for the VA to pay out to either the school or me? I know last year it was faster but they also got my form in early instead of sitting on it for 2 months like this guy did.

My certifying official forgot to submit my stuff to the VA when I turned it in ~6 weeks before the semester started. When I emailed them to see how long it'd take to get the benefits they finally submitted it and I had my book payment within a week. As long as you've got the enrollment verification email from the VA the money will be on the way.

blue squares posted:

When I look at my time remaining on Ebenefits (14 months and 11 days), does that include the days of this semester that have not yet happened (i.e., tomorrow through December)? Or has the whole semester already been subtracted? I am trying to just make sure I have enough time left to do my last three semesters after this one.

They subtract the whole semester at once.

FireTora fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 30, 2015

• Locked thread