Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I got a question for one of my best friends.

He got medically discharged from the Army when he got shot in his shoulder and gets about 80% disability. He tried to use his G.I bill to go to school but the VA said if he was to go to school or work his disability would go down to 30%. Is there any truth to that? And if there is, is there any way he can get around the system? Because right now he's pretty much hating life. All he does it drink himself stupid every single day because he has nothing better to do with his time/life. It's been a hassle for him fighting the VA to even get his 80% because he got out of the army with a purple heart, 20% mobility in his right arm, and 30% disability. Right now it seems like he just gave up on it and just content with drinking his life away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

[quote="Vasudus"]
Who what now? That's pretty much the exact opposite of how the process works, at least for school. There isn't a reason in the world he can't go to school on either the GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation. Hell, Voc Rehab people bend over backwards to make sure that you get turned into a more productive (or at least better educated) individual.

Really? Cause the VA been giving him a hard time about it. He was telling me all he was able to do was the Voc Rehab. But that they only offered him lovely rear end jobs. He was dead set on going to school and they been telling him no. Not sure if the person he's working with is a piece of poo poo or what.

• Locked thread