Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I recently got out of the military, filled out the 22-1990, and applied to a college in my city. How long is the wait time to stat getting your monies from when you first get accepted?

And another quick question: any FL goons have trouble getting their unemployment? i havent gotten a single cent from either my disability, unemployment, and now I'm worried the GI bill is gonna take forever. My savings are dwindling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
How is the BAH payment credited to your account? Every 1st and 15th?

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Eagerly awaiting until October 22-31 to find out how the VA has hosed up again.

What I mean by this is that I have these bad foreboding thoughts about this terrible and nauseating department and my exceedingly critical BAH Payment.

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I usually cock salute them.

When is everyone slated to receive their BAH? Friday the 30th, or October 1?

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

LonsomeSon posted:

Just if anyone knows/has an impression about this particular thing, it's not terribly important, income from workstudy would just be luxuries like drinking and video game money.

You mean weed money?

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does anyone know what the exact rules are for taking virtual classes, and how they affect your BAH, etc?

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Awesome. Thanks dude

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yea, that number is completely worthless, I suggest you try to call the GI Bill number, it's better than the 827-1000

1-888-GIBILL-1

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What the gently caress is up with the VA?

I haven't received my book stipend yet. My school hasn't gotten payed. I'm into the third week of school and I have not bought my textbooks yet. My college is literally sending me bills...:confused:

Has anyone had this happen to them before? When I called them they said it would be payed by the second week of Jan. at the latest.

At this point I've lost complete faith in the VA.

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I have 5 days before my rent is due and the VA hasn't processed my stuff for the semester.

I have no books, and no housing money. Has it ever taken this long for anyone else? I talked to my certifying official in the beginning of December.

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think my certifying official is lying to me. According to her, in the spring semester we don't rate a book stipend, we get our rent money in the end of february, and she's not supposed to send in our certification for the semester until after classes begin. school started on january 3 for me. It's taken this long to get her to send in my cert.

Is any of this poo poo true or is she just saying that to cover her rear end?

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You're the poo poo dude, I knew that bitch was lying to me.

They forgot to send in my certification and I guess they thought they could just bullshit me and shut me up.

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Don't worry, my situation is a lot worse. I'm actually so behind on all my classes because of my late certification I doubt I will even be allowed to complete them.

Right now I want to set up a meeting with the registrar to see what my options are, but she can't even be assed to reply to my emails or call me back.

I wonder how much money I'm going to end up owing to the VA.

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

al-azad posted:

Can the VA help desk confirm you were certified? My VA rep assured me that the certification was approved on the 20th of January but it's a month later and I haven't received a single letter and the school hasn't been paid (classes started on the 6th of Jan). Should I call directly or can the help desk answer questions like that? Last semester it took about 2 weeks to receive a reply back from Buffalo, NY with a thumbs up.

poo poo dude the same thing happened to me and now I'm in danger of losing the semester.

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
gently caress, I need money really badly. Im gonna start selling crack. Crack for Books. I sell you crack, and then you give me money to buy some books. And some BAH please? Thank you VA

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

moker posted:

http://cuthulan.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/military-welfare.jpg

Jk man sounds lovely :( If it makes you feel any better once mine started it has been nothing but painless so you have that to look forward to

The hosed up thing is that I do have a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t_bright
May 28, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

al-azad posted:

Glorious day for me. I was sitting here thinking "These dudes really must hate me" because it's been about 8 days now and none of my email questions have been returned. Then I look in my bank account hoping I didn't overdraw and found $3,500 sitting neatly in there.

Two things I learned in 6 years of the Navy: the government is loving slow and polite but tenacious complaining will get you places. I wonder whom I annoyed enough to have them go "gently caress this guy" and stamp my papers.

No dude, thats an illusion. I have been tenaciously complaining about my disability claim that I filed 15 months ago, complained about the tardiness of my gi bill certification (which made me lose the semester), and I've been utterly hosed by this agency. I've pretty much lost all faith in universal healthcare and more socialized safety nets, etc... It's loving pathetic.

• Locked thread