Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
e: ^^^^ omg Pretentious Owl those silky chicks are ADORABLE. Our next batch of chicks will definitely have some :3:

Crossposted from Chicken Sit-In since this thread seems to be more active.

We have 5 chickens and 5 chicks. The chicks are maybe 3 months old? My question is, how do I integrate these chicks in with the flock? They were being kept in a large dog crate, and we've just now put them in a smaller pen inside the coop. Also, when we let the chickens free-range, we let the chicks have the run of the coop. Should we wait til they're the same size as the chickens before we integrate? Right now, if we let the chicks out while the chickens are in the pen, the chickens peck the chicks on the back and chase them around. It looks like normal pecking order behavior to me, but I love my chickies and I want to make sure I'm not gonna go out their one day to a bunch of dead chicks! I'm particularly concerned about Julius, my bantam. He's so little!

And now for pictures, because chickens are cute :3: :

The chick's corner of the coop

The coop

More of the coop

One of the ladies laying! I don't know what kind of chicken she is.

The rest of the ladies. Sorry for such a terrible pic. There's 3 Americanas and 1 Buff Orpington.

The chicks! Julius is the bantam in the top left. He's the only one that was named. Then there's two Buff Orpingtons and 2 Plymouth Rocks.

Bonus: Goats! That space they're sticking their heads through isn't normally there, but we took the pen that was blocking it to use for the chicks. The black girl is Freelick and the brown boy is Rampop. He's turning into a little poo poo. We really need to get his balls cut.

awesomekittens fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU