Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I am living with my mother in a rural part of the Rockies right now and our neighbors/landlords keep chickens that free-range during the day. Since we're down the driveway from them the chickens are often to be found in front of our house.

Now...my mother is terrified of snakes. Doesn't matter if they're poisonous, tiny, dead, whatever. And lately there's been one apparently with its home right under our ancient stone steps, so she's been really wary.

Then this morning our neighbor comes down the road and finds one of her chickens apparently choking on something, freaks out, I run out since Mom's not home to see if I can help and get there just in time to see this chicken finish eating a snake :downs: It wasn't a big one or anything, but drat it looked like she just swallowed it whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy crap, Roostroyer is gigachicken. He's huge!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kerfuffle posted:

I thought you guys would appreciate this

It's kind of..hypnotic.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

themindisonfire posted:

Can a double yolk egg be fertilized? What happens?
Two-headed chickens.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chido when did those chickens get so big?! Man. Roostroyer trying to be charming and entice the ladies is hella :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Would baking soda/powder be okay on a chicken? I don't remember which one, but when I sat on a wasp yesterday (:saddowns:) my roommate slathered my leg with it to stop the itching from the stings, might help her too if the others don't just peck it off.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rangergirl posted:

Silkies are the cutest things ever. I really want to cross breed a silkie with my mille fleur bantams and try to get a puffy, speckled mini chicken.
I would buy some of those chicks :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HappyIceCuber posted:

Hey chicken folks I hope this isn't too off-topic, but can you help me identify this chicken I ran into in a meadow

It was pretty big and territorial seemin
I don't know why, but it's cracking me up that you're visibly pointing to it. "THAT chicken, PI. That one right there."

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kerfuffle posted:

Roostroyer is SO FLUFFY and handsome now I can't even believe. :3:
He's HUGE, holy poo poo! That is a tall-rear end chicken!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HEY Chido! You promised me a chicken megapost in WoW and I don't see no chickens :colbert: Roostroyer and the ladies need some publicity shots.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I suppose that is a worthy excuse. But we still need Roo in a santa hat :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

I can't even form a coherent response to those I don't think. The hat, and the "I am a sexy boy" mating dance, and...just all of it. You have one magnificent cock, Chido.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chido posted:

Why build-a-bear when you can dress-a-cock?

I really can't express how awesome it is to see birds suddenly realizing that they do indeed have a sense of shame. Lord knows I remind Judah all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bahaha. I would not gently caress with that chicken.