Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my darling feet
May 9, 2007
are truly captivating
Question for you good folks.

This has never happened to me, as we've always gotten our chicks from friends who have chickens, so everything is done as nature intended. Two weeks ago my boyfriend's mother orders chickens (because the ones that were eaten weren't enough of a lesson for her).

She gets 28 baby chicks waiting in the post office for her. Her son, my boyfriend, fetches them and puts them out of their little travel postal crate and into the wide open air wire enclosure. Gives them food, gives them water. Leave. We come back. Hell, the swarm trampled one little chick, and s/he's gone and drowned in the tiny dish of water. Ew. It is removed.

We leave, and about 35 minutes into our driving trip else where, we get a text. It's from his sister:

"Six of the chicks died."

"What?" I text back," What happened?"

"I don't know. I'm gonna throw them out once they stop twitching."

What exactly happened here? It wasn't a drowning, like in the chick we first saw. It couldn't have been warmth issues. Why were there chick deaths ?? I ::never:: had that happen to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU