Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
When I was in high school we had some chickens. One rooster, and four hens. They were all the new hampshire reds.

Couple short stories

1) There was a window A/C unit right outside our dinner room. The chickens knew they sometimes got scraps thrown out the window if they let us know they were looking for some food. It would be dinner and *FLOWSH* *CRASH* a chicken is know looking at you through the window on top of the A/C. Guests knew we had chickens, but it would always startle them when a surprise guest dropped in.

2) We lived on 4 acres. 1 was house quality and the other 3 was heavy brush. So they went into the fields to get their bugs and stuff (even knowing I would be eating said bugs proteins in my eggs I was okay with this) but if you called for them and, really I don't think there is anything more funny than watching a chicken bursting out of the a bush legging it hardcore across a field in that funny run.

3) You would find garter snakes all over. I thought now that all the chickens were outside, all grown up, they would all freak out over the snake.

I found a snake and let it loose waiting for them to freak out.

I got the exact opposite because I was the one freaked out.

The rooster alerted all the hens to stay back, he got this poo poo. Rooster mounted the snake on the head and started pecking the hell out of it's skull and upper body. It was writhing all around, twisting around his legs and spurs until it stopped moving.

I really could not say anything and thinking I would have to get rid of that snake. But then the rooster surprised me again. He grabbed onto the head of the snake and started tossing it down it's throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU