Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

http://thexx.sandbag.uk.com/Store/DII-690-5-coexist+deluxe+lp+preorder.html

The XX - Coexist

Preorder, Sept 10 release.

I can't loving wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The regular version is on their website too but yeah Intl shipping is ~14

They charge now, or at least authorize it.. I see the charge pending.

I really want the 7" boxset though...

xx posted:

COMING SOON

ONE 7" PER TRACK, ETCHED BSIDE
BOTH ALBUMS "XX" AND "COEXIST"
DETAILS AND PRICE TO FOLLOW

That's somewhere around 22 7"s... :swoon:

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 17, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I was avoiding listening to the tracks online, figuring I'm ordering the vinyl, so why not wait?

Then I order the 7" and it's not out until October.

:(

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Do any of you guys want to buy RSD poo poo that I shouldn't have bought?

Heady Fwends (Dr. Who, Green/Brownish) - $55 shipped
Feistodon 7" - $35 shipped
Lips/Mastodon Split 7" - $15 shipped

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Duckula posted:

The Euro pressing of Vaya is quite the thing.

gently caress I want it so bad, I haven't heard from Banquet in forever

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Duckula posted:

They're shipping them now, you should be fine if you had an order in.

I hope they get me one of the split ones. I ordered from them back when the UK was getting hot pink. Then, I got an email that UK was getting 'highlighter yellow'. Then, the Banquet site had two separate options, hot pink or highlighter yellow. Now it's a split, but who knows what they'll send me!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I've noticed my speakers buzz whenever the letter "s" is sung. Any particular thing that could be causing this or should I just get some new speakers? They ran me $10 at a local Goodwill so I've no problems getting a new set.

Sibilance?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/178072/vinyl-sibilance-balance

Could be anywhere from your stylus out to your speakers.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

http://muse.warnerbrosrecords.com/?cmpid=120810/muse/wbr/otc/smarturl/s_hp/oth/us/0

Muse's new album is up for pre-order including the $100 deluxe box set, jesus gently caress.

Double LP for $34 shipped, though.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

alg posted:

You can just replace the stylus, but it should last around 1500 hours if it's a good one.

To explicitly expand on this: Your stylus doesn't wear any worse if you leave it on a locked groove for 48hrs than if you just played 48 hours separately, randomly. Subtract a little from its' expected lifespan and you're fine.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

There's a dude in SA Mart selling a bunch of good records FYI
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500978

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Carbohydrates posted:

Got these from the vinyl-sellin' guy in SA-Mart (he's local):

Wait till you guys see what I bought from him :-D

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Got my package from the SAMart dude today.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Selling a spare (sealed) copy of the At The Drive-In Vaya half-pink/half-clear-yellow UK/Euro/JP press.

PM me a reasonabl offer. I'm not asking $77 like the guy on discogs.

(And if you can find me a copy of the Coachella press for a reasonable price I'll love you)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

traveling midget posted:

Selling a spare (sealed) copy of the At The Drive-In Vaya half-pink/half-clear-yellow UK/Euro/JP press.

PM me a reasonabl offer. I'm not asking $77 like the guy on discogs.

(And if you can find me a copy of the Coachella press for a reasonable price I'll love you)

Also FS: http://www.discogs.com/Flaming-Lips-The-Flaming-Lips-And-Heady-Fwends/release/3553611
Asking $50 shipped for it.
Dr. Who version, spun Side A once, otherwise new. Green/Brown splattered vinyl.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Lumius posted:

Just bought my first vinyl , dunno if I can ever top this purchase. Its Raffi Cavoukian before he did childrens music , its his first album actually. He covers Townes Van Zandt and a song about yonge street , too cool.

Is Bananaphone on that one?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

trdn89 posted:

Did you order from Insound or IDIB? I still haven't heard a word from IDIB since placing my order; all I have is my Paypal receipt. Kinda frustrating since it always seems to take them 2-3 weeks to get me stuff I order (despite the fact that I live in the city they ship from), but they're a tiny little operation so I can't complain too much.

Insound shipped mine today, even though it said 'Backordered' when I bought, so I'm sure you'll get yours even though they're quiet about it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Spending the last day of Labor weekend listening to my newest arrival.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 4, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

...where do I buy it?

Also look what came today:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

traveling midget posted:

...where do I buy it?

Also look what came today:

I just got home and found out that my girlfriend failed to mention that Muse sent us the Deluxe Box Set (like $100) instead of the 2LP I ordered ($25).

Whoa.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-man-with-the-iron-fists-deluxe-ultra-pak

I bought the $85 one oh god what have I done

(There's a $15 double LP at http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/merch )

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 13, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I, Butthole posted:

Decided to get this and it's sold out. Dang.

e: Bought the regular soundtrack, because why not. First vinyl I've had shipped from Bandcamp overseas that cost less than $15 in shipping.

poo poo, that thing sold out quick.

EDIT: A Disappointed Owl PM'ed me a link to the red vinyl /500: http://mail.getondown.com/album.php?id=15601

and an 'exclusive' bundle that's kinda a sub-bundle of the Deluxe Bundle: http://mail.getondown.com/album.php?id=15617

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 14, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

...what is it and where did you get it?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I still have a sealed copy of ATDI's Vaya euro/jp repress: Half Highlighter Yellow/Half Hot Pink. Anyone interested?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

You know one already got released by some UK label, right?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Where can I listen to your band/buy the LP?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

CPL593H posted:

^^^^To be fair it's a double LP and a mo-fi pressing. They remastered the gently caress out of it and this edition is the best version of the album you can get.

The standard black mo-fi edition is still readily available. And for less money. I just bought it a few weeks ago. I guess this is cool for people who like masturbating to vinyl that comes in whacky colors.

Is this new MoFi a different master than the old MoFi?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

eggsovereasy posted:

It's pink vinyl, evidently the first time MoFi has used colored vinyl.

Right, but does it sound different?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I know I've posted this a bunch, but does anyone want to buy my spare sealed copy of At The Drive-In - Vaya on Half Pink/Half Yellow (Euro/JP)?

Discogs wants $25 + shipping from Europe, I can do $25 shipped.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 9, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Peacebone posted:

Question for anyone who also frequents the Vinyl Collective boards, Google Chrome is telling me it contains malware. Is this true for other people going to it?

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/index.php?/topic/81526-boards-messed-up/page__st__40#entry1336672

False positive, it's fine.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

nomapple posted:

Hi there vinyl thread, long time no speak!

Last time you heard from me, I was looking for a turntable to play my collection on. I am pleased to announce that I can now join that snooty club of record listeners that look down upon the lowly record collectors :D It took longer than expected to acquire speakers and an amp, but I am all up and running now. Trouble is, some of my records are visibly rising up and down off the platter when I spin them. The records aren't visibly warped, and I have stored them upright, out of direct sunlight, away from damp etc etc. My new Godspeed You! Black Emperor vinyl which I just broke the seal on a few hours ago doesn't do this.

Please give help/advice.

PS Goddamn, this record sounds AMAZING.

E: Just put on Yellow & Green by Baroness which I bought new when it came out, not moving off the platter either. I think my Jane Doe vinyl and Electric Wizard single must be slightly warped. Woe is me. I hope my others aren't. Jane Doe is 2nd hand so kind of understandable/expected I guess. Do records warp a little over time anyway?

This is what Jane Doe looked like when played

E2: Just put Opeth's Royal Albert Hall performance on the turntable. Having had this box for 2 years, the records haven't warped at all and they are the oldest records I have. Guess Jane Doe was slightly warped when I bought it :/

Do you have an automatic turntable with the arms that pop up and check if you have a 12" or 7" on the platter? Mine makes my records wobble like that because the arm mechanic is slightly raised.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Any goons in OK near a Guestroom Records? The Flaming Lips King Crimson album will be in stock at all 3 today -- if you get me one I will be glad to pay for your time.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

traveling midget posted:

I know I've posted this a bunch, but does anyone want to buy my spare sealed copy of At The Drive-In - Vaya on Half Pink/Half Yellow (Euro/JP)?

This thing refuses to sell. Anyone want it for cheap, or a trade?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

All I want for Christmas is that Flaming Lips King Crimson thing. And nobody has one for anything reasonable, except one guy on eBay selling them for only $10 over retail (who sold out before I could get one).

gently caress me, man.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sold out for like 2 weeks. Same as every other B&M that's gotten copies.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Cemetry Gator posted:

Anyone who preordered the Melloncollie set from Amazon canada should check their emails. They are making good on the deal again if you ordered and it got cancelled.

Awww yisssssss

Re-placed my order, $38usd shipped.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 21, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Non Serviam posted:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0NW0H83202 Newegg is offering a pretty big discount on this turntable.
I'm not in the US, so I can't exploit this :/

It looks lovely, sorry.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I need a longer ground cable for my Technics SL-Q350. It's got a weird proprietary plug, so I was thinking I'd just splice in some additional wiring. A friend said that 16ga speaker wire should work just fine, but I wanted to check with you gentlemen first. Thoughts? Would this do it?

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 24, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

mono posted:

I didn't bother going out to any stores this year. The only record I was interested in from the list I found was the My Morning Jacket single from the Newport Folk Festival. What are my options for finding this now? eBay at gouged prices?

http://ltcds.com/

Artist- My Morning Jacket ft Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes
Title – It Makes No Difference
Configuration – 12″ vinyl
Price – $8.99

That one?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Parachute Underwear posted:

I didn't go out either. I did put in $70 worth of orders from Deathwish and Top Shelf Recs, however.

Has anyone heard anything concerned The Man With the Iron Fists OST? I think it officially came out October 22, but I haven't received it or heard anything yet.

I dropped stupid money on the deluxe, haven't heard anything either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Is that white marking on the bottom/left part of the cover, or wear?

Edit: It's a reflection on the shrink wrap.