Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My Lovely Horse posted:

not even just as a rhetoric figure, just legit wondering why I never came across them because it's extremely adjacent to my usual poo poo
The majority of the press they got at the time was absolutely vicious and they never really escaped London despite the influence they would achieve. I feel like everyone gets to the party late including me - I had heard the name in passing but it took till 2019 when at three different concerts a stranger I was having a conversation with would eventually say "...so you're into Cardiacs, right?" And then I re-evaluated my life, 'cause those are very specific vibes to be putting out :v:

Just cracked open the box set last night and it sounds incredible. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Absolutely marched into Sam Goody with my mom in 1992 when I was 11 and had her buy me this bad boy. :rock:

It was kinda a nice mea culpa for shrinking album art down I guess, but got ditched right quick.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nice! Back in print on November 17th. I hope more reissues are on the way after switching to ATO (c'mon Chocolate and Cheese 30th Anniversary repress!)

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 3, 2023

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

sporklift posted:

I sold some Urban Outfitter exclusives at the record store that my friend works at and he made fun of me haha. I dunno. Got them for a couple bucks and sold them for a bit more.
I'll take a Whack World off your hands if ya got it. :v:

I have no idea if it's a direct homage to The Residents' Commercial Album or if we've just caught up in the culture to stumble upon the exact same concept, both seem fairly realistic.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 5, 2023

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I mean I want copies of Maggots: The Record and the motherfuckin' Judgement Night soundtrack just as much as the next guy, but not enough to wait in line for hours.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Everything gonna ship before my Art Devo box. :argh:

Also: Saw Ravenous on 35mm last night, still mad that they'll never untangle the rights for a vinyl reissue.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah Blood Brothers. Burn, Piano Island, Burn was one of the first records I picked up when I started picking up vinyl on a whim before I had a player. Bought it with a copy of Captain Beefheart's Lick My Decals Off, Baby.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yo yo, what are the size of Bankers Boxes for records, 'cause I absolutely bought the wrong ones. :v:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Thanks, Sporklift! This is the first move I've done with a big record collection and oh man, gently caress records lol.

Also: goddamn, this is so dank. :fap:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love the couple tracks near the end of the set where they discover amphetamines. Fast version of Social Fools is so good.

iam8bit's repressed the Grim Fandango score and I want it. I love a die cut cover.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Shiiiiiit, I had no idea this was a thing.

Just one of those 25-minute bursts of energy. Definitely my new go-to album to do drugs off of. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V87iZvw3wE

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 8, 2023

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I, Butthole posted:

Won't the drugs get stuck in the grooves :ohdear:
That's okay, I'll just dab it off the vinyl with my fingers so I can rub it on my gums. :unsmigghh:

Ayyyy, I got two nights of Devo starting tonight. Backstage Booji Boy is cursed as hell:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The boyfriend cued up the new Aesop album to 100 Feet Tall while we were driving around yesterday 'cause that's the one with the Residents/Snakefinger sample. Hardcore dork poo poo. :buddy:

I haven't been buying records since I'm in the middle of a move, but I had to snag one of these at the show.

Christeene opened and was as always incredible.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

New Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is up for pre-order with a Feb. 1st release date!

https://avantnight.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdG6QdW8GQE

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's wild how good Rubellan's vinyl is considering they love CDs and the LPs are kind of an afterthought.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'd love to hit Big Ears if only for SGM, Fred Frith and Laurie Anderson sharing a bill.

BigFactory posted:

Since this is the official Sleepytime Gorilla Museum thread, I get to announce I got tickets for March and I am excited to see how old they look. I think probably 20 years since the last time I saw them.
That's just me being a goober, but I'm happy to see other people pipe up whenever I post about 'em.

Got tickets to Portland and Seattle and dragging the more adventurous friends to 'em. :unsmigghh:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah Tierra Wack's finally putting an album out on March 15th. Interscope's got signed vinyl for the same price as unsigned, too.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Still have no idea where I'm putting a record player in my new 600 foot studio, but when Rob Crow does a Residents/Renaldo and the Loaf cover with members of Duran Duran and Ministry, I'm there. :fap:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 8, 2024

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's dope they're doing a reissue of that Roches LP, but you can still pick up a clean copy of the first pressing for, like, six bucks.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I wish everything on Renaissance sounded like Food Fight.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Now that they booted their guitarist of 25 years, I'm wondering if these were Rob Crow auditioning to be in The Residents all along. :aaaaa:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Out of curiosity I checked the Wiki and sure enough it's the 30th anniversaray of Selected Ambient Works II, where the gently caress is it Warp. :argh:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I know The Andromedia Strain when I sees it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Incredibly dank pickups from the record store before I went and saw AGGRODR1FT, which was silly as hell and I love it very much.

And if you get the UHaul boxes pick them up gently, those handles rip super easy.