Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m a CD-still-buyer, and would love that topic. I’m probably going to preorder a CD that’s coming out in like two weeks, because I save vinyl for only my favorite releases, exclusive, and pre-80s stuff. I love picking up like 15 CDs for like $40 at the record store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If be happy with $2-4 CDs at Goodwill, if they weren’t the usual Christmas and Now music compilations I always see.

Incidentally, we just came home from one now. I got a lot of books for my kid, but also a single CD (at $1). One I wanted, so I consider that a success. The Gathering’s “Nighttime Birds”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnkEXwu2ZdA

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Aesop Rock keeps putting out new instrumental versions of albums (this time it’s Skelethon), and I keep on preordering them.

I almost got the vocal version because it came with a bonus record, but I already have that on vinyl, it was too expensive to rebuy, and the bonus record is a picture disk. Maybe I can get those bonus tracks on Bandcamp or something later.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Don’t have the first ten seconds of a Ghost song, pass.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is that why Death Grip’s first album is expensive / has such a large number of “unofficial” releases on Discogs? (Are those worth buying, or just CDs printed to vinyl?)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Look vinyl thread, I don’t need to justify myself to you. I just got a raise at work, so yes, I did buy the stupid blinking LEDs version of the upcoming Aesop Rock record. Get off my back!

IUG fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 15, 2023

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I ordered Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories off of Amazon this morning as that hit a new low price (and then there was a 20% off “coupon”). Brought it down to about $28.

My wife has The Gaslight Anthem’s new album on preorder in yellow, and I have Aesop Rock’s blinky new record on preorder. So a bit coming in to the IUG household.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/tea24Rp.mp4

It's great. It's the most I've spent on a record ($125), but I just got a raise when I did the pre-order, so it was worth it.

IUG fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 14, 2023

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got a tracking number this time from SoundOfVinyl saying two of the four "free" records had shipped. However, by the time I put them in my tracking program, they were already on my front steps. (I had a cat on my lap, so I couldn't check it at the time. I'm sure you all understand.) No tracking number on the last two yet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pretty expensive shipping on that. $25 for one record, but the second record didn’t increase the price. So I picked up the Any Whinehouse (for my wife) and Rolling Stones live albums for like $13 each.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Live at Glastonbury 2007 (Clear Limited Edition). They had another by her, but it was sold out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yes.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Shiftypenguin posted:

They still haven't shipped my "free" Eddie Veddar Ukulele Songs yet. :(

I got half of my first free albums, the second order of free albums today, but they still haven’t shipped the second half of the first order yet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hexwren posted:

(from the free-except-for-ten-bucks-shipping sale - I'm still missing one record I ordered in that bunch, but it also hasn't shipped, so I assume it'll pop up at random in a month or three, or it'll get cancelled eventually. if it goes to spring, then I'll email and yell at them)

Oh good, not just me then. I’m still waiting on one Tom Petty record.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess I don’t understand these sales then. I figured this was clearing out stock on stuff, not manufacturing and selling them for bare minimum profit. I know the shipping costs are paying this, but my last order with them was Stones and Any Whinehouse (both of which I got), which is four records. Shipping was under $30, so that would be like $7 a record, including whatever the real shipping cost is.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got my wife the Brain Setzer records one year, and we put those on usually every year while decorating the living room.

The only downside was that I got her tickets to see him live for one of his Christmas shows, but he canceled and stopped performing due to him getting tinnitus. These records were a substitution for that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Your vinyls look sick.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Not the Bluey “Dance Mode” record though. That poo poo is still going for >$200 on eBay for the RSD one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yup, I got my tracking number for the second Tom Petty album from November 16th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So record store day tomorrow, but my shop isn’t getting the four things I was semi interested in. Only one is one I’m going to actively search out after, but it’s not an exclusive, so whatever.